• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent help please?

Delilah keeps attacking charlie, shes just bitten him and left a small wound so im off to the vets with him. Shes always running around fighting with him and he sits there and takes it, its now getting to the point where he is scared of her when she goes up to him:cry:
Should i bond him with Lola or try and bond him with delilah again?

ETA- Shes too young for a spay at this moment and time:?

If she's not spayed I'd probably seperate then give it another go once she's been done and hormones have settled. However now he's been injured there's no gaurentees it would work.

they both look lonely without each other, delilah is sitting in the corner of the spare cage looking sad and charlie is sitting in the corner of the dog crate:roll::(

Can you put the cages close together so they can see smell each other. Its likely she's just getting to that age and her pestering him is stressing him out. Spaying should help. Some vets will do it earlier than six months if you ask, just explain shes getting hormonal.

Hi Kayleigh jennifer :wave: how did Charlie get on at the vet.
I hope his wound wasn't to serious.

He had it cleaned and its not as bad as i first though:roll: i just have to clean it each day until it heals, delilah has been booked in for a spay and the vet said to put them together when im there looking after them and separate when im not:)

I am sure the vet will advise if its just me being sensitive but I would be careful about spaying too early.

If you keep them close together as Amy suggested, they wont become 'unbonded' so you may be able to let them together for short periods of time each day. Once the spaying is done, they just might settle down.

Good luck, we have house buns again because of a falling out in the shed and its horrid to see them fighting when they have lived so close.

I'd separate. Why risk further injury which can easily be prevented through separation. Bond them again once she's spayed and her hormones have settled down.

Shes going in her cage tonight and he can stay in his room. Shes getting far too big for her boots, shes bitten me today and left a hole in my nail and it wont stop bleeding i really dont know whats got into her:shock:

He had it cleaned and its not as bad as i first though:roll: i just have to clean it each day until it heals, delilah has been booked in for a spay and the vet said to put them together when im there looking after them and separate when im not:)

Im glad he's o.k :D
My girls got very hormonal when they were about 17 weeks and when they were spayed the difference in them was amazing.......

Before they were spayed they had a huge fight.I didn't know all about the spaying, bonding stuff at the time, as I was new to rabbits.
I seperated them immediately, there were no injuries(except my hand pulling them apart)

I seeked advice from lots of lovely people, and kept them separated. They lived side by side until they were old enough to be spayed. 6 or so weeks afterwards.They were bonded for me by the rescue I got their husbun from.
And as you know they now all live happily together.
So from my experience I would recommend spaying her and hopefully she will calm down alot.Ready to be close to Charlie again.:love:
Healing vibes for Charlie :love:

Back