• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried due to Townhomes Being Built - Noise

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Last night went to a town meeting and townhouses are going to be built behind us. We have a very private backyard but no longer. :( I'm very upset about this.

I'm very worried about the noise of construction when it starts in April. I'm scared my rabbits are going to be terrified and upset.

Has anyone else had this problem and did it upset the bunnies?

I wish things could just stay the same. I love not having houses behind me and just trees and lawn. Not looking forward to the noise or the invasion of privacy when ppl live there. argh!:(

Hi all,

Last night went to a town meeting and townhouses are going to be built behind us. We have a very private backyard but no longer. :( I'm very upset about this.

I'm very worried about the noise of construction when it starts in April. I'm scared my rabbits are going to be terrified and upset.

Has anyone else had this problem and did it upset the bunnies?

I wish things could just stay the same. I love not having houses behind me and just trees and lawn. Not looking forward to the noise or the invasion of privacy when ppl live there. argh!:(

We have been fighting for 5 years about a developement of 300 houses behind us.We have won 1 public enquiry .But Bellway homes have comeback with another application.So we are (the residents ) fighting again.
I would hate it if it happened.We look out onto fields we get deer in there and all sorts of wildlife.And amazingly we are fox free.Life would not be the same with years of construction and noise.Then the arrival of foxes probably.

There is a building site behind me now. At first when they were smashing up the concrete it was super noisy, I was stressed out of my mind but the rabbits didn't react at all,so if they were stressed, they hid it well! Since then it's been surprisingly quiet - I can hear a background of building noise, but its not intrusive.

Hope yours are ok xx

There is a building site behind me now. At first when they were smashing up the concrete it was super noisy, I was stressed out of my mind but the rabbits didn't react at all,so if they were stressed, they hid it well! Since then it's been surprisingly quiet - I can hear a background of building noise, but its not intrusive.

Hope yours are ok xx

I remember reading your thread at the time, I'm glad it hasn't been so bad, bunnies are funny little things with noise, mine sat there in their aviary run with loud bangers going off over bonfire night - I had to more or less push them through the catflap to put them in the shed - they weren't fazed at all:lol:

Back