• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

difficult holding her

sheridan

Warren Scout
Hi, gizmo is my 3 month old female bunny. When I picked her up and she is snug against my chest, she starts to frantically climb me until she gets to my shoulder.

Why is she doing this and how do I stop her!I get scared she's going to fall off!

Are you holding her firmly so bun feels secure? if you hold them 'into' you this can help, if you're nervous, bun will pick up on that too.

Thanks for your replies.
Im not nervous holding her as I have plenty of practice from my other bunnies.
I do hold her against me, with her belly against me and a hand around her bum to support her and a hand around her middle.

As of yet I havent tried to put a hand over her head...I wonder if that will work.
For the first time she didnt struggle when I picked her up to put her back in her hutch but that may be because she had been told off a lot for chewing things and knew she was in trouble...

Back