• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please about Bunny Burrows blind bunny what shall we do/UD p10

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
We have 18 rescues and 1 spare 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch that was Holly's who died on December 1st. We had decided we were not taking in another bun as there is only two of us and at times it's hard work, .................BUT :roll: we can't stop thinking about Blind Bunny at Bunny Burrows. We have experience with special needs buns and have had blind bunnies before.

WHAT DO WE DO?????????

Yes or No :roll:

Last edited:
yes I myself have a blind bun and she was in a rescue for so long . she used to lung at people jut because she was scared. But now she is great after lots of work with her, So the bunny in the rescue prob will be over looked in the rescue because of her blindness

I think you should take him.. Im sure he will have a wondeful life with you and Mike . I remember Angel your blind bun and how much you loved and cared for him and how happy he was despite his lack of sight.. and then theres Baby Saint.. such a happy little girl thanks to you and Mike.
If anyone can make a difference to this little buns life... you can:)

Yes. I would have had him but I don't think he's appreciate a 2 tier hutch and being on his own if Lady didn't take to him.

I wish I could have taken him, he looks so lovely. Would one bun really make that much difference?! If you have experience of blind bunnies you sound like the perfect people to take him. So I would vote yes! :lol:

I would say that if you had definitely decided that 18 Buns is your limit you should stick to it. There will always be 'just one more Bun' out there whom we want to help. When do we stop the 'just one more'.

Just my opinion, you know what is best for you :)

Its awful isnt it :( i made the same vow, no more. I was offered a gorgeous giant rescue the other day, and blimey i wanted her so much, but with her would come the search for a friend, so she would not be just one more, it would be two more.

But then, i know if an english lop came into a rescue, no questions asked, i would have it :oops: so vows do sometimes go out the window :lol:. If a bunny grips you, and you cant stop thinking about it, then i think its right. There is a difference between cooing and wishing after a bunny, and actually having a bond and knowing its for you.

Reading your post it looks as if you are feeling much more 'yes' than 'no.' Tricky though, but you will want to give as much quality time and care as possible to all your buns. I'd say if the feeling is different to what you would normally experience knowing of a bunny who would benefit from your care, that should definitely be taken into account. Perhaps see how you feel after the weekend? :?

Update

Gwen at Bunny Burrows is going to try and bond blind bunny ( I think he has been named Trooper but not sure), with Nioami ( who was John her late Husband's rabbit).
So he could be staying at Bunny Burrows.

Fingers cross it all works out for him Bless. :love:

Back