• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I split?

Should I???

• Keep as pairs

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Do a quad

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
At the moment I have a trio and Grace. My question is:

Should I put them as a quad?

Or kept as 2 pairs?

In a quad they will have more space, but Grace doesnt hate Rosie she just occasionally nips her. Rosie just tends to stay out her way, if I did I'd have 2 waterbowls, 2 litter trays etc so they can be away from each other.

Or have them in 2 pairs with less space and happy in their pairs?

It would be the same layout just split in half. :wave:

If one rabbit is nipping the others I would split them as with any bonding you want the best possible options without anyone feeling stressed out constantly watching to see who nips at them again.

As with human relationships second best should not be good enough, leaving a human or a rabbit in a situation where they are not entirely happy us stressful, stressful situations can result in health problems in the longer term.

Ok I think im going to do that until my next holidays when I can fully bond. They got on fine in the bath flopping next to each other.

It's a shame for Ted and Elliot though, don't they get on really well?
Although I suppose they'll still be able to see eachother:D

It's a shame for Ted and Elliot though, don't they get on really well?
Although I suppose they'll still be able to see eachother:D

Yeah also Rosie and Elliot love grooming each other. It is a shame but its not fair on Rosie for her to constantly be on look out for Grace.

Yeah also Rosie and Elliot love grooming each other. It is a shame but its not fair on Rosie for her to constantly be on look out for Grace.

Yes that's true, if you think Rosie is stressed then that's the best thing to do:) Grace also might calm down if she's just back with Elliot.

Also, as they can see eachother through the barrier, Rosie and Grace will have had a nice long time getting to know eachother before you try and bond them in the next school holiday:)

I'd split them up until you can properly bond :) Just sounds like little Grace is getting stressed by everything atm so probably best for her atm.

Good luck when you actually bond :wave:

Back