• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Bernard & Tilly - Date 4 BIG UPDATE!!

Tasmin's MOB

Mama Doe
Hi,

I have started a new thread now that we are on date number 4 but anyone that would like to see date one, two and three here it is :
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=259397
:wave:

As we have had a good amount of progress over the last three nights we have decided that tonight we shall move the buns into the hall way. This is an area where Bernard has been but isn't where he spends a lot of his time especially now it is winter.

We have decided to do this to see whether Bernard allows Tilly somewhere that he may see as 'his territory' without actually putting her in his room as I think that this may be a bit too sudden for him.

I'm nervous :?

Last edited:
Just remain calm as they'll pick up on your nerves.

Good luck, although their dates have gone really well so far :wave:

Big Update!

This has been an exciting night!

Buns met in the hall way and seemed very happy to see each other, very comfortable around each other and nommed hay together, snuggled up and rubbed noses :love:

We removed the cardboard that was blocking them in and they wandered down the stairs together to where Tilly's (used to be Bernards) carry case was. They both investigated it for a while, one bun sitting on top, the other inside then changing around and finally both sitting cuddled inside.

We opened the living room door (Bernard's territory where his cage is and where he has free range 24/7), he let her in, she investigated, rubbed her chin on EVERYTHING, went into his cage whilst Bernard happily nommed hay.

We brought Tilly's cage into the living room, bernard investigated it, rubbing his chin on EVERYTHING whilst Tilly watched and followed him, touching his nose whenever he looked at her.

They both have there cage doors open and bernard sat in Tilly's cage nomming nay whilst Tilly sat in bernard's cage nomming hay!!

We have just had binkys from both buns!!

:love::love:

ETA: Both currently sat in opposite cages eating hay

Last edited:
Fantastic news :D

Glad it all went well last night. At first Pebbles spent more time in Barnaby's hutch and vice versa, but now they both sleep in Pebbles' hutch as it's bigger. Eventually, I'll put Barnaby's into storage.

Shame about the humping, I never saw Pebbles do that but it's not unusual :lol:

They just love each other now, Bernard has been binkying for ages and Tilly follows him round and licks him on his head! They snuggle together too!

bernard was fantastic, he accepted her straight away into his home and let her wander around scenting everything. I couldn't believe that they shared there nuggets this morning :shock:

So happy!!! Thank you to everyone for helping us along the way. I promise pictures will be on there way!

:love:

162998_1530607580787_1102661253_31251057_8192149_n.jpg

163720_1530609660839_1102661253_31251059_230946_n.jpg

63530_1530610100850_1102661253_31251061_1394678_n.jpg

These pics are from when they met each oher again last night. More to come of the happy couple in the living room :D

Oh, that's fabulous news. I was thinking about them early and wondered whether you'd move them in together over the weekend.

So glad they're getting along and sharing everything :love:

Oh, that's fabulous news. I was thinking about them early and wondered whether you'd move them in together over the weekend.

So glad they're getting along and sharing everything :love:

Thank you shay for all of your help! I am sat with them now and I couldn't be happier, it's as tho they have never been apart and Bernard is so happy! On top of that Tilly has grown to trust us over the past few days and is coming for cuddles and attention!

Thank you shay for all of your help! I am sat with them now and I couldn't be happier, it's as tho they have never been apart and Bernard is so happy! On top of that Tilly has grown to trust us over the past few days and is coming for cuddles and attention!

You're very welcome, just glad the advice helped :lol:

It's a wonderful feeling when your bunnies start to trust you and want to be around you. Pebbles loves nothing better than sitting on my shoulders (can't see the attraction really, its a bit uncomfortable :roll:) and Barnaby is so inquisitive, constantly wanting to know what I'm doing, where I'm going, what's in my hand, where's the food?!!!

Enjoy watching them being a happy, loved up little couple :love:

You're very welcome, just glad the advice helped :lol:

It's a wonderful feeling when your bunnies start to trust you and want to be around you. Pebbles loves nothing better than sitting on my shoulders (can't see the attraction really, its a bit uncomfortable :roll:) and Barnaby is so inquisitive, constantly wanting to know what I'm doing, where I'm going, what's in my hand, where's the food?!!!Enjoy watching them being a happy, loved up little couple :love:

Awwww How adorable! How long have you had your buns?

Pebbles came to me in May, she's 9 months old now and I got Barnaby 3 weeks ago today (Saturday) from a rescue. He's approx. 3 years old.

Back