• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hutch fell apart

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
:censored: :censored: :censored: I know, I should have expected it buying a cheap hutch, but it seemed like a good idea when I bought it. So the bottom fell out of my hutch this morning, and trapped the buns behind the back of their hutch. Eventually got it back up, and tried nailing it in, but the wood is so cheap its not the right shape. It's new hutch time :roll: At the moment I have run panels under lino, just to keep the rabbits up!

So...next year I want the buns to move outside (currently they are in the shed). I am planning on getting this hutch http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6ft-5-x-2ft-5...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item483e0b8827 and extending the run. At the moment, I can't have it as I don't have anywhere for it (having a new house built next year).

But I need a hutch now! So I was thinking, I would buy a 4ft cheap hutch for now, as it will be in the shed still, it would just be a base. I was thinking this is nice and cheap...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rabbit-Hutch-...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item563e4185ed

Now my question, height of the hutch/depth isn't so important when its just a base is it?

If they arent being shut in it then I dont think it matters :) :wave:

Loads of people on here have smaller hutches in their sheds etc, just as bedrooms :D

Am worried now :shock: have the same hutch as you Sarah!

Mine seems ok at the moment - but I think come the warmer weather I am going to have a bunny accommodation overhaul & maybe add some extra strength to the base just in case of any mishaps!

if its just a hidey hole for them to snuggle in i'd say the cosier the better right now where you are!!

How long ago did you get it? If it's less than 6 months I think it automatically means they have to repair/replace. Longer but still within how long you'd expect a hutch to last I think your still covered if the design is faulty.

How long ago did you get it? If it's less than 6 months I think it automatically means they have to repair/replace. Longer but still within how long you'd expect a hutch to last I think your still covered if the design is faulty.

It was January I bought it, so sadly it doesn't apply :( I might contact the person anyway :)

Back