• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bale Hay when bun usually has small bag hay

UrbanBunny

Warren Scout
I'm getting ready to move Hilary to Essex for her spay op and my parents have way more storage than me so I was thinking about getting a bale of hay rather than just little bags when I stock up.

Obviously it'll be way cheaper and I used to have horses so I know what is good or bad bale, but I was wondering if people find their buns are fussier with bales than with 'small bag' hay as the actual strands look quite different because of how it is stored?

I find that mine actually prefer hay from bales. It's easy to tell if it's good hay or not by colour & smell so I only buy the nice sweet smelling stuff & it's much cheaper than the plastic wrapped rubbish from pet shops.

I've found a farm which does decent baled hay and they love it - they are both in the litter trays seeing how much they can eat at the moments :)

Back