• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT help please! Widget Psycho bun!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
I just brought Widget and Sprocket indoors as I normally do. I think Sprocket was trying to initiate a game of tag with Widget and Widget turned on him and tried to attack him again!! Help! I immediately pulled them apart and tried to calm them both down. I've tried distracting them with food and then Sprocket has been trying to rub noses with Widget but she give him this look and he runs away! She's been chasing him around a bit, then they were both lying down away from each other. Now Widget is upstairs having a sleep under the futon and Sprocket is with me downstairs.

Could it be because Widget has snuffles and maybe doesn't appreciate Sprocket being playful? I've got a handfull of fur from their set to so it was quite violent. I don't know what to do, I'm hoping some time apart might calm things down. Help please!! :cry::cry:

I'm not a rabbit expert but had to give you a comment as my two display the same behaviour on occasion. The chasing, fur pulling and having time outs apart I can definitely relate too : When they've had a disagreement cheeky will stay upstairs all afternoon while tilly is downstairs on her box sulking. Then around tea time cheeky will come down, groom tilly and they'll be friends again. I think as long as it's not happening all the time and there is no injuries they will be fine. :)

Hmmm, was it "proper" fighting? Like, the only time I've seen buns fight they've been paws up at each others faces and I realised how different that was to chasing and fur pulling, even though that can seem aggressive at times.

I guess maybe it was just a blip, though it would worry me that it could happen when you're not there?

Sorry I'm not much help at all am I!:oops: Hope someone with more experience comes along soon. Good luck, hope they are ok now x

Thanks, I would say it was a fight rather than just a bit of chasing and fur pulling. They got away without any injuries because I managed to separate them, but Widget at that point was really ontop of Sprocket laying into him. :cry: Sprocket did seem genuinely scared of her, but kept coming back to her to try and make friends I think.

They've had one fight before when we brought those two other bunnies home, which resulted in injuries to both Sprocket and Widget. But they have been okay since then (after we returned the oher two) until last night.

After Widget went to lie under the futon, she seemed to calm down and Sprocket joined her and since then things seem to have returned to normal. In fact widget was very licky towards him and me, I think she knows she has upset him and might be trying to make amends.

I'm not there during the day or over night when they are outside in the aviary so there's no way I can supervise them 24/7. There's been no evidence of any fighting overnight..

Had you moved anything or bought anything new into your home that smelt different that might have made Widget react from feeling nervous?

It may have been buns on a grumpy day having a blip just like kids do.

Only new things are Christmas presents, fake tree etc, but those went up on Monday so buns have been in since then. As I said it might be because she is not feeling well and didn't tolerate Sprocket's attentions, he was trying to play, she might not have been up to it with her snuffles last couple of days se has seemed visibly more snorty. Later on that evening, she was more perky and seemed more playful though. :?

Sprocket always seems to want affection, whilst she is not so inclined to give it to him. :(

Back