• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

red bum

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Hello. .
I was just seeing if i could tell the sex of my babies. . One of them as got a red bum or a sore bum. Is this any thing to worry about? I have bathed it . He seems ok doesn't seem to be bothering him
Thanks

How long has it been like this for? Did you breed yourself? or was it an accidental litter?

I would keep an eye on it and see if it gets any worse, also check all of the other buns regularly.

Dollys mother passed syphilis (vent disease) on to her, it could also be hutch burn, but im no expert.

I would keep a close eye on it, if you notice any of the others with it, or it gets any worse (pussy, or scabby) then i would go to the vet.

This may be a silly suggestion but could he/she:
a) over cleaned that area
OR
b) his/her wee could be burning it?
Silly suggestions, I know :oops:

Last edited:
I don't have any experience of very young bunnies but I think you should take all the babies to the vets and get them checked over asap. I wouldn't take any risks with these babies especially as their mum has recently died :(. Better to be safe than sorry :)

This may be a silly suggestion but could he/she:
a) over cleaned that area
OR
b) his/her wee could be burning it? Silly suggestions, I know :oops:

I believe this is hutch burn :)

I don't have any experience of very young bunnies but I think you should take all the babies to the vets and get them checked over asap. I wouldn't take any risks with these babies especially as their mum has recently died :(. Better to be safe than sorry :)

I didnt know this, in which case i would take them all for a check. Just out of curiosity, do you know why the mum died?

Back