• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutches...

i would say the second one thats what my 2 lionheads are in when im out. and they seem happy enough.
i would say search ebay there are alot of hutches on there for sale at the min.
i just recently brought that double hutch of ebay good condition for £50 includnig food bowl and a few other extras.
bargain!!

The second one would be suitable but I have found that P@H hutches are not the best quality. If you have space I would suggest a shed or playhouse with attached run instead or even a dog kennel and run if you have the funds for it :wave:

I would avoid PAH hutches. I don't find them very weatherproof and you could probably get a better one if you shop around. Might even be better to get a quote from a joiner to make you one - that way you could design it yourself. We have a pet shop local to us where the owner is also a joiner and makes fantastic hutches at very reasonable prices. :)

Last edited:
hey thanks for all your comments. i have now decided i will get a shed for them to live in. i think it will be good for them in the winter when it snows and hopefully will keep them protected from the elements a bit more. but is there anything i would need to do to make a shed more rabbit friendly?bit of a silly question i know but would it be too hot or stuffy for them?

hey thanks for all your comments. i have now decided i will get a shed for them to live in. i think it will be good for them in the winter when it snows and hopefully will keep them protected from the elements a bit more. but is there anything i would need to do to make a shed more rabbit friendly?bit of a silly question i know but would it be too hot or stuffy for them?

I could well be in the summer - you will need to make a weld mesh panel to fit where the window is now so that air can flow in. I don't have a shed myself but I know that's what most people on here do :D

A shed is a great idea as you can go in & sit with the buns without getting cold & wet! You might like to line the floor with lino & create a second level to increase the area the buns have to explore. There are lots of photos of other peoples set ups on here so worth having a search around :wave:

creating a second floor is a great idea. i hadn't thought of that. thanks- i cant wait to get started!:D going to search for what other people have done now to get ideas...:wave:

Rabbits are great chewers of wood, so get shiplap rather than overlap as there's less to get their teeth into :)

Back