• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser escaped again!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Mum was out with Spenser in his run and decided to take one of his mats out of the hutch as it looked a bit damp. The upper hutch can't open with the pen closed, so she opened out a panel and out popped Spenser! We managed to chase him back in fairly quickly, but he certainly got some extra exercise today. I was in my bedroom, but saw it all happen from my window.

Some buns just sit there waiting for their chance,and it sounds like Spenser is one of those buns:lol:

Giant baby big ears (aka Neptune) sits and waits for every opportunity to escape his enclosure by innocently loitering by the gate.

I swear he knows Thursdays, when John the volunteer comes to clean, cos he has escaped past him a few times now, and you can see the glint in his eye as John approaches his gate.....:D

I would really like a more secure run but (a) my parents aren't keen, and it's their garden and (b) it would spoil Spenser's fun! :roll::lol: Our garden is reasonably secure, but there is 36 year's worth of probably not bunny vegetation so I do try to be vigilant.

I always worry the Big Boys will escape as they are always waiting at the gate ready for food, but if I throw a few pellets to the back of the run they chase after them giving me a chance to get in :lol:

I always worry the Big Boys will escape as they are always waiting at the gate ready for food, but if I throw a few pellets to the back of the run they chase after them giving me a chance to get in :lol:

That's my worry - given the choice of running round the garden or a treat (even a fenugreek cruchie) Spenser would definitely choose liberty. Same problem when he goes under the couch in the conservatory.

That's my worry - given the choice of running round the garden or a treat (even a fenugreek cruchie) Spenser would definitely choose liberty. Same problem when he goes under the couch in the conservatory.

I think He just likes to see you running around like a blue ****** fly!!!:lol:

Mum was out with Spenser in his run and decided to take one of his mats out of the hutch as it looked a bit damp. The upper hutch can't open with the pen closed, so she opened out a panel and out popped Spenser! We managed to chase him back in fairly quickly, but he certainly got some extra exercise today. I was in my bedroom, but saw it all happen from my window.

sorry i was not on yesterday but.. :lol: spenser is the most adventurous bun i know :lol: i often come on here just to see what mischieve he has been up to today :lol:

sorry i was not on yesterday but.. :lol: spenser is the most adventurous bun i know :lol: i often come on here just to see what mischieve he has been up to today :lol:

He has been a good boy today, other than being extremely anti-social when he had a visito. He rushed off to the most inaccessible corner of the hutch and glowered as she attempted to pet him. :oops::roll:

naughty boy, in the summer when thumper and misty were outside everytime i cleaned them out and then tried to get them back in they would make me give chase round the garden and then go in the hutch by themselves lil ******* x:love:

Back