• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle - albino lop

Nick10

Young Bun
Twinkle has had a lot to cope with in her life. She is about 2-3 years old and was brought in by one of our inspectors as a cruelty case. She was seized from a house where she was found emaciated with no fresh water or food, covered in her own mess and with her friend who unfortunately had not survived.

She was a very frightened little girl and had a cut on her tail which has been glued. I have fostered her for 6 weeks now and just got her weight up enough so she could be spayed this week. Her fur underneath is stained from her previous living conditions and she is not used to handling.

She is still extremely timid and hides away whenever someone approaches. She can't cope with large spaces at the moment and needs the security of a hidey hole and smaller hutch so she can escape quickly for her own comfort. She doesn't understand what the outside is all about so even when offered a run will not venture in to it at all. I have managed to get her to the stage where I can stroke her head so with time and trust I am sure she will make a very worthwhile companion.

She really needs a space to call her own where she can grow in confidence and hopefully bond with someone who can give her the time and love she deserves. She would most probably benefit from a husbun who is confident and can give her some stability and understanding that not everyone in life has to be feared.

She needs to be an outdoor bun and go to an experienced rabbit owner who will get immense joy from putting the time in and gaining her trust in the long run. She can't be rushed as I learnt early on when I tried to give her the space of a much larger hutch/run combo. She just quaked in the corner and was much happier when moved to a smaller hutch inside my shed.

Sorry for the long post i just hope she finds someone who will love her very soon.

100_0687.jpg
100_0688.jpg

Oh Bless her, she is absolutely gorgeous and I hope she finds a loving and caring forever home soon if we had the room we would have her as I love REW's :love::love:

Oh Bless her, she is absolutely gorgeous and I hope she finds a loving and caring forever home soon if we had the room we would have her as I love REW's :love::love:

Me too and I'd consider having her for my boy Cookie, except that would be a bit daft when I have three single ladies here needing homes too.

I do hope she finds the perfect home, but I fear I may keep coming back to have another look.

I cant have her anyway :( , but just wondering why she would have to be an outside bun? Is it because she is so scared of humans?

I wondered that - my Gooseberry - who is very very similar - is indoors and is slowly getting the hang of life with humans - I think if he was outside he would never have started to accept me.

Judging by her reaction to noise, people, movements I think it would freak her out to be inside and would need slowly acclimatising to this scenario. That said, I probably think that way because my house is manic with 2 young boys, dogs etc! I can't stand the noise most days so would hate to inflict it on her:lol:

If someone has a quiet household and can devote lots of time to getting to know her then I would imagine that might work. Sadly I just don't have that so wouldn't be able to tell for sure if she would settle in to it.

Over 2 months and still waiting

Twinkle is really in need of somewhere to call her own and has been in foster for over 2 months now. She needs somewhere that can give her plenty of love and I am sure she will become a right character. She just loves her food and would thrive with lots of fuss. If anyone is looking for a single female to pair with a male please consider Twinkle so she can get the companionship she desperately needs.:)

*back for another look*

She's so beautiful. I know all buns are beautiful but white bunnies are very special.

As are black bunnies, agouti bunnies, dutch bunnies, blue bunnies................................................

I love this little miss and so hope she finds a very special home.

I'll be suggesting her to anyone who is looking and for whom neither of our single ladies up for adoption is suitable.

Back