• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving to new house with buns related question

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
So, when we move to our new place in January the buns will be free range buns as they are now. However I dont want to let them free range straight away a) so theyre not overwhelmed and b) so that they learn where their 'area ' is and only poo/wee in their litter tray.
So how long should I keep them confined for? When I say confined I mean a whole room, but I know how antsy they get :roll: I just desperately dont want them pooing and weeing all over my new floors!

Maybe play it by ear? Wait and see how quickly they settle in and get over being in a new environment.

I know they'll want to explore on the same day we move in, especially Max whos not afraid of anything!
Just wondering how long it will take for them to learn what is their area so that they stay litter trained and dont do too much territory marking!
Does a week sound too long? I know theyd be unimpressed but atleast theyd know their territory by then :? Im gonna feel like such a mean mummy!

I know they'll want to explore on the same day we move in, especially Max whos not afraid of anything!
Just wondering how long it will take for them to learn what is their area so that they stay litter trained and dont do too much territory marking!
Does a week sound too long? I know theyd be unimpressed but atleast theyd know their territory by then :? Im gonna feel like such a mean mummy!

When I moved Bobs and carlo into their room it was just as Carlo came home with us.. Now I confined them for just over a week, :lol: Bobby hated me for it as she was totally free range before

Carlo never really wants to go anywhere except his room though

When I moved Bobs and carlo into their room it was just as Carlo came home with us.. Now I confined them for just over a week, :lol: Bobby hated me for it as she was totally free range before

Carlo never really wants to go anywhere except his room though

Thanks Shelley I think i'll do a week then (whats the betting I get manipulated by fuzzy bunny faces into letting them out after a couple of days? :roll:)

Back