• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

for people with giants

karen1980

Mama Doe
Ive had Lily for just over 4 years and the last year she seems to have slowed down.

I know she's getting old but I dont see standing binkies anymore, the only thing she really seems passionate about is food.

She's always been on her own as a house bunny with us and loves snuggles and affection but im worried about the lack of binkies.

She sleeps alot and flops but only ever seems to move fast for food...

Do you think pariing her up would help?

I think she may be bored or it may be age?

Please dont tell me she's going to pass over soon as I really dont want to think about what age she will.

x

Jusrine yes!! quick typing!!

she's not quite a giant although has the ears.. she weighs in a about 5.5kg and we were alwasy told she's a cross.. with a NZW and giant, hence she couldnt be sold as a giant and was on an adoption board..

I saw on a website that NZW were actually first bred from Flemish giants and Belgian hares. I don't know how true that is though. I have Bobby who is a NZW and he loves his wife Snowy.

Pairing yours up with another bun would be lovely if you think she will accept a male.

Also diferent sites say different lifespans for them so I wouldn't like to guess myself. I'm just enjoying the time I have with him.

Exactley. I seriously cannot bear the thought of loosing her, she's my first real pet and my world :roll:

Her jhappiness is my priority.

Ive seen a bunny advertised on gumtree, 2 in fact.

One is a NZW looking bun whose 5 and an indoor bunny non neutered.

The other a 7month old black french lop out door non snipped.

I thought about trying one of these with her, but am trying to persaude the owners to keep the buns.

Both are giving them up due to children :roll:

BB (frenchie), Hera and Ra (contis) are all 5+ now, and all have slowed down in the last 12 months.

They all still have an interest in what's going on, but they tend to "go back into bed" sooner than they used to, and BB spends her free ranging time lying down watching the world go by:lol:.

I'm hopeful for many more years from my gang yet!

If you were to bond her with another, I would suggest just one other rabbit. It might be a bit too much for her with 2.

It doesn't matter what size the other bun is. Bobby was fine with my dwarf lop and my other cross, Snowy who is inbetween both of their sizes.

Aww no, i would only bond with one other but wants sure what would be the more suitable candidate, the younger one or the older one.

BB (frenchie), Hera and Ra (contis) are all 5+ now, and all have slowed down in the last 12 months.

They all still have an interest in what's going on, but they tend to "go back into bed" sooner than they used to, and BB spends her free ranging time lying down watching the world go by:lol:.

I'm hopeful for many more years from my gang yet!

Yes this soundes like Lily, she gets excited and runs fast for food but apart from that she chills out by the tv and army crawls for strokes

Im thinking that perhaps it is her age that she's slowing down and not that she's bored :cry:

Aww no, i would only bond with one other but wants sure what would be the more suitable candidate, the younger one or the older one.

I would probably say the older one. She might find it a bit much if she has a young spritely bun to content with.

I wonder if its a good idea to bond an older bun though? What if the new bun gets depressed if she passes away?

Back