• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back 2 Nature vs Megazorb vs Cat Litter

Which do you prefer?

• Megazorb

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Cat Litter

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Back 2 Nature

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
At the moment I'm trying to find the best stuff for my outdoor bunnies litter trays. I'm currently using the P@H cat litter but I'm not entirely sure I'm happy with supporting P@H.

I'm contemplating using megazorb or back 2 nature. I've never used back 2 nature. Would it be suitable for indoor piggies as well?

If someone can give me a little bit of advice it would be brilliant as I'm poised to buy some!

Back to nature is fine for small animals, I have used it for my hamszter, guinea pig, rabbits and cats!

I used to use megazorb but it is SO messy in the house!

The cats and my rabbit padded it about everywhere as it's so light and fluffy so I have given up with it indoors!

It is cheap and effective though, so if you are using it outdoors it will be fine!

I've only tried megazorb and have never seen a need to change. I don't have problems with it being tracked out of the litter trays as long as I cover it with a layer of hay.

I voted cat litter because its the only thing ive tried after i stopped using shavings.

I recently started sophisticat woodbased litter, theres probably better and cheaper things to use as litter, but its all thats available in my town and because its heavy, its doesnt get trampled round the house.

I used to use megazorb for the indoor bunnies litter trays but found it too messy as it was getting everywhere around the house.

I now use newspaper with wood based cat litter and hay for the indoor pair and the foster bunnies, who live in the shed, have megazorb.

Megazorb is messy IF you don't put something on top like hay which should be in a litter tray anyway. I have a seriously fluffy rabbit (Smudge) and even he doesn't track it around!

I recently changed from Carefresh to Megazorb, but have to say I prefer Carefresh. Even though I put hay over the Megazorb it still gets everywhere as Barnaby seems to like digging :roll:

It's all over the grass and I have a real thing about stray hay and bits on the grass, I've even taken to sweeping it :lol:

However, I won't change back to Carefresh as one bag lasted me a month with Pebbles so I'd end up spending £40 / month for the two of them and would rather spend it on other things, (food, toys etc).

(carefresh was better because the pieces are much bigger and seem to absorb urine much better).

Back