• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unbondable rescues?

molly35

Mama Doe
Now I have upgraded buzz and Ladys accommodation to kennel/run, I seem to have a spare hutch. Am toying with the idea of what to do with it - do any of the rescues here have any bunnies that don't seem to want to be bonded and would prefer to live by themselves?

Though they would be an outdoor bun they would be able to see my other buns from the hutch and when outside in the runs, and they would spend quite a bit of time in the house with human company.

Last edited:
we had a french lop who didnt want to be bonded and a german lop who was the same:cry: but they had bunnies they could see but not snuggle with ..this made it ok for them :D i think it would be a great idea to get a bun that didnt want a friend:D

Don't give up hope! I've seen buns on rr in the past who prefer the single life. Not sure they would have been rehomed outdoors though, maybe as an indoor bun. Have you trawled through the gorgeout buns in need pages?

I think you need to change your title. It doesn't exactly owe to what you are looking for :)

Maybe;

"Do any rescues have a bunny that prefers its own company and can't be bonded?" or something along those lines.

I'm sure rescues must have a few buns in this category. Have you tried contacting them directly. Would be lovely if that empty hutch could give a home to a rescue bun. :D

We only have a couple of local rescues and there aren't any here. Just thought as there are people on here from around the country they may know of one. I'm not desperate but it seems a shame to have an empty hutch if there is some bunny who would love a new home

Ive got one here not sure if you would be intrested in him?.He really doesnt like other rabbits:( He would need a large run though because he doesnt like being confined

Ive got one here not sure if you would be intrested in him?.He really doesnt like other rabbits:( He would need a large run though because he doesnt like being confined

He may not be the most suitable what do you think? - at present there is a 5ft 2 tier hutch and I have a 6ft run that can be attached though I'd need to do a bit of moving around in the back yard. I also have those 7ft trixie metal runs on grass which I normally put the buns in weather permitting.

Back