• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny change colour with the seasons?

Mrs Honey Bunny

Warren Scout
When I first got Honey in the summer she was a proper ginger little lionhead bun. But when we got to autumn and she moulted she went grey and then again when we got to summer and she moulted she went ginger again.

Anyone elses bun change colour? :)

We used to notice Daisy would change colour in summer, her summer moult always left her slightly lighter

I used to have a black bunny that went very ginger in either summer or winter, I can't remember!:)
The black patches on Benji seem to go a bit ginger in the summer too, which makes sense because the black bunny was his brother:) Maybe it was an odd genetic thing, haha:)

Sun bleaches the fur so rabbits tend to be lighter in summer, moult and coat length can affect the colour too

We've not yet had Lucky a year so it's hard to know what was baby fur and what was a moult. He had blue/grey fur when he came to us - he's now brown with wispy light brown moulty fur. He gets like a MacDonalds M above his eyebrows that looks like a really dark brown frown. :lol:

With every molt Julie looks like a different bunny. She is white with black ears,feet,nose and tail. In the summer her black turns light light gray almost white. The rest her is white but she will sometimes get a few odd dark spots also she will get different stripes at the base of her ears and her nose is always colored differently at each molt.

Back