• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SS/Excel?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Charlie is on excel, but after reading the other day that it has a meat based product in it I'm really not keen on him staying on it :? I pay £3.70 for a 2kg bag, and he gets 2 handfuls a day.
How much do you pay for SS for what sized bag? And do you feed the same amount of a bit more/less? I've not seen it in any shops near me but gonna start looking. Might mean having a massive walk but I don't want Charlie eating animal products if he doesn't have to.

Recently i paid £17.50 for 1 bag of Science Selective 10kg

That was from Manor farm in Essex

:wave:

not sure ive been lucky enough to get bags when they've been on discount or promotion since i switched to it, last bag was a large one but only cost £3.50 think usual price for that size, and forgot what size it was said £7

You could always look online if you arent able to get hold of it anywhere near you...

My Locals are having a hard time getting hold of it... :roll:
Lucky for me, my dad will drive me to get them food :lol:

You could always look online if you arent able to get hold of it anywhere near you...

I can't, my bank card doesn't let me buy online and mammy wont let me use hers :(
Do P@H not do it?

i found our garden centre sold it :) and pet shop down near vets, although prefer to get it from the garden centre, i wonder why PAH don't sell it though, or is it just mine that doesn;t

I get it at Manor Farm too :D
I normally have to get the large bags ordered in though.

I also get our hay there.

I pay about 3.50 for a 1.5kg bag and 5.99 for a 3kg bag. Round here there is a garden centre that stocks it and our horse feed barn also stocks it as they do a small range of pet products.

I can only get it from 1 pet shop near me - nowhere else in a 20 mile radius do it as far as i know and it is £3.99 for a 1.5kg bag.

I've tried garden centres and p@h too.

I didn't know that about Excel. I found that Excel can cause more tummy troubles and mucky bottys. I changed over to SS and it was great. I used to buy the big sack 10kg as it was more economical. However my vet told me to stop feeding it and just stick with the veg and hay in the end.

If you visit Supreme Foods website, you can use their stockist finder to help locate somewhere near you that sells it.

Don't treat their list as gospel though, one of the stockists on my list is a private house!

If you visit Supreme Foods website, you can use their stockist finder to help locate somewhere near you that sells it.

Don't treat their list as gospel though, one of the stockists on my list is a private house!

That might be handy for me - i bought the last two bags when i was at my pet shop and i'm kind of worried they might not any more in as they sell different things all the time.

I cant get online deliveries much either as i am out all day so not in to accept the parcels.

Well, I'm kicking myself really as I had megazorb delivered last month. I could have ordered SS at the same time :roll:

Supreme Foods has a 'stockist' just around the corner from my house, but that's the private house which I think isn't quite right. So the nearest store for me is 10 miles away. Annoyingly, I used to work a 5min walk away from the shop but changed jobs in October.

I have to get some on Saturday and will combine it with Xmas shopping. Oh joy :lol:

It's showing Weston as being the closest supplier - well - it would be if the Bristol Channel wasnt in the way!! :shock:

The good news is there may be somewhere a bit close to work - but i think it may be just as bad as getting it from my local pet store as i believe the other place sells livestock too (i was hoping to avoid that).

I know what you mean. The place I have to go to sells livestock and I have to walk straight past to get to the food.:(

Might be going to the Range on Saturday though and I know they sell it there or there's a garden centre in fairly close to the Range too.

I found SS in the Pets Corner, (no animals, just accessories and food) of our local Wyevale Garden Centre. Paid £13 for a 5kg bag.

Back