• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaway Rabbit

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I need your help guys!

Next doors rabbit has run into my garden and i have spent the past 2 hours trying to catch it. I have blocked up the gate that opens up to the main road so she is safe. we noticed it and then the neighbour was at my door and we just cannot catch her.

Have tried a washing basket, tempting her with food. she isnt very friendly and is timid so food and coaxing her will not work.

Any ideas?!

teenaged boys

they are fast, and good at rugby (gently of course). Set up barriers with things like old doors, crates etc, and see if you can between you head it into one corner. |If it isn't used to feedom it'll be stressed, but better thn dead. It may even give up dodging and weaving after a bit and allow its familar owner to collect it. Good luck.

Oops! :oops:

When Star would not come in, I would simply walk after her until she wore herself out and let me pick her up :lol:

we literally have nothing like that, its a student house so we dont have the usual things you have at home, rabbit stuff or otherwise, the best we have is a washing basket and thats it.

maybe phone the rspca, see if they can come out and help? Or ask the neighbours if any of them have a cat carrier or anything similar you can borrow?

If her owners could bring her hutch over she may well be glad to see it and hop on home.

Put the washing basket balancing on a stick, tie string around the stick and hold the other end from far far away. Put food under the basket and wait... a long time! Then pull the string when the bunny is under it...

(This works in my head) :oops:

Poor bunny and poor you - it sounds very stressful. :( Some rabbits are VERY hard to catch. I spent 3 hours trying to catch Spenser in our not very large conservatory on Monday! :roll: He too is faster than a human with a washing basket and will not be bribed by food. Rabbit instict normally favours shelters - providing this in the form of a box or maybe an upended suitcase is probably all you can really do.

I got her! i sat near her and kept throwing bits of food at her :oops: then grabbed her and she screamed, i didnt hurt her but she was clearly very very frightened and was screaming so loud, i couldnt get her into the cardboard bix as she was far too wriggly, so i just held her close to me until she calmed down.

Owner is very happy and got me 2 boxes of choccies! :lol:

Awe well done :D I just had the cunning plan of putting sofa cushions in bin bags (to protect them) and using those to herd her up!

Awe well done :D I just had the cunning plan of putting sofa cushions in bin bags (to protect them) and using those to herd her up!

:lol: we couldnt even do that our sofa doesnt have cushions that you can remove. we did have boards but she was just so quick, like catching a wildie:lol:

Well done :) I hope your neighbours keep her safe in future!

at first i didnt think they wanted her as she doesnt have a name, but she has a 6 x 4 run, and the hutch is 4 foot but double, so its not as bad as what i thought, like its not brilliant but i was expecting worse hutch wise so......

How do i keep ending up with rabbit issues when im at uni :lol::lol: Zel said to me "youre not keeping this one!" :lol:

Back