• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have the naughtiest rabbits in the world...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I put the buns in a pen in the dining room while I cleaned out their shed... it took me about 2 hours and I've just got back in to find that they've got out, pulled down my egytptian Cotton feathered duvet from where it was drying and weed all over it. ALL over it. Big patches of wee.. the size of three handspans.

When my OH finds out he will go absolutely nuts. What do I do? Put it in the washing machine with bleach? Take it to a dry cleaners?

omg my thoughts are with you 2 weeks ago maisey got behind the computer for the second time in a month and bit every yes every wire in half my oh went mad we had a big argument over it , i wouldnt put bleach anywere near it try it in the washes on low have you washed it before xx

You can take to the launderette and wash in one of those big drum machines and dry there. Does the label say its washable. I would nip to somewhere cheap like TK maxx and buy another cheap one and use that until you can sort, if you cant do today. Or Debenhams or Argos in Witney.

I'd just soak out the patches. he'll never know.

Rabbit wee doesn't smell anyway so as long as you get the stains out that's all that matters :)

What kind of bunnies do you have? :lol:

does it? :shock:

I found once it's dry there's no smell. Or maybe I'm immune to animal smells now, having lived with mice and gerbils in a room where bunnies had peed all over my carpet :lol:

You can take to the launderette and wash in one of those big drum machines and dry there. Does the label say its washable. I would nip to somewhere cheap like TK maxx and buy another cheap one and use that until you can sort, if you cant do today. Or Debenhams or Argos in Witney.

good idea... we wash it regularly, it's just that simply washing it won't get these stains out...

Ditto what Graham said! :lol:

I put mine in the laundrette whenever they weed on it. Don't try hand washing it! You'll be there for weeks trying to get it dry. I'd only do that if it's a very small amount.

Wash it and say you spilled tea or similar on it. Has anyone ever noticed that no matter what you spill on a duvet it always looks like pee even after it's washed. :lol:

I did that last time! I told him I had fake tanned and rolled around a lot in the bed.... He bought it though!

But this time... God.. wait til I post a picture...

In their defence, a lot bunnies urinate on beds.
It might just be one, who is urinating as they can smell Ruby.
Is there a launderette in Charlbury? The stains will come out in a big machine. Pop some vanish in.

Buy a cheap look-a-like duvet cover and don't say anything...I bet he won't even notice.

I've never met a straight man who even knows what a thread-count is anyway! :lol:

Buy a cheap look-a-like duvet cover and don't say anything...I bet he won't even notice.

I've never met a straight man who even knows what a thread-count is anyway! :lol:

Oh dear... my OH is very different. I'm the messy one and he chooses the curtains, the bedspreads, the kitchen worktops... everythiNG! He's a Libran!

That's why I'm so worried!

Last edited:
Kate, its only a duvet and he doesnt need to get theatrical over this. Are you at work at the moment?????? Why cant you get it sorted before he needs to know.

He doesnt need to know they have wee'd, you are entitled to wash the duvet without a reason.

Kate, its only a duvet and he doesnt need to get theatrical over this. Are you at work at the moment?????? Why cant you get it sorted before he needs to know.

He doesnt need to know they have wee'd, you are entitled to wash the duvet without a reason.

Yes I can wash it! I just think it cost quite a lot of money, that's the only reason I'm fretting about it! But I'll take it to a laundrette in kidlington tomorrow - he's back tomorrow night;

Wheres the laundry in Kidlington??? Theres one in Summertown,

You could try the independent dry cleaners in Kidlington and see if they would dry clean it. If its got a wash tag on, I would sooner wash it to ensure it all came out though.

Dont worry about it, its all fixable.

I know how you feel, SiDney wees everytime he goes on the bed so i put the quilt in the washing machine a very expensive russian goose feather one and it got caught in the drum and ripped! my OH went crazy!:lol: then we got a Kylie at home throw - beautifull black velvet with diamantes and guess what he peed all over that too and nibbled it!! :censored: I dont know why they feel the need to pee on the bed, they dont do it when they are on the sofa so why on the bed:no:

Back