• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dizzi & Rascal had a bit of a 'spat' this morning :-(

Bitzy

Mama Doe
....... is it usual for bonded bunnies to carry on having spats every now and then??

Not sure if it was my fault really as my Father in Law is staying at the moment and so the bunnies are mostly confined to their bedroom (see previous post http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257443) and a bit of the landing.

Anyway last night we ended up at A&E with FIL as he was really unwell, we didn't get back until 2.30 this morning (FIL was admitted but it was a long wait) and all that time I'd left the bunny's bedroom light on. Then I gave them breakfast at their normal time of 7am - it was shortly after this that it kicked off!

Fur all over the gaff, them two rolling round on the floor! Horrible scene to see! Anyway, I've checked them both over and they're absolutely fine and before I left the house for work they were snuggling and grooming each other.

Could it be that all the recent changes that have unsettled them?? They're both moulting quite heavily since I brought them indoors, could they be particularly grumpy? Or overtired? Or just a bit out of sorts because their routine was changed??

Orrr is it just normal that every now and again they'll have a bit of a 't'do' because they both want to be bossbun??

Thanks, Jo x

From my inexperienced view, i'd say perfectly normal. Did you seperate them when they were rolling around on their sides? That would be a 'real' fight :shock: :(

Change of routine can certain upset bunnies, B&G get most upset if i get up late, or dont let them out of their crate at the same time each day.

Food often seems to be the cause of squabbles that i've seen!

Biccy gives an occasional grunt when food is put in, in Ginger's direction, because he wants it all, lol. But then they normally settle down and eat together.

Glad they are okay.

I hope your FIL is okay too Jo.

Gray

They were rolling round on the floor and as ran in to separate them they kinda separated themselves! I think me just being in the room and heading for them made them stop. :?

Thanks Gray I'm keeping everything crossed.

They were rolling round on the floor and as ran in to separate them they kinda separated themselves! I think me just being in the room and heading for them made them stop. :?

Thanks Gray I'm keeping everything crossed.

I'd keep a close eye on them today, who is the dominant one out of the two?

It might be that the hierarchy was being challenged, as the submissive one became more confident and fancied trying to be 'top bun' perhaps?

Rascal (male) is dominant bun but thinking about it, I did notice Dizzi try to mount him briefly the other day, it was only for like a second .....but maybe like you say, she was getting a little over confident for Rascal's liking!

Am at work at the mo but will nip home at lunch to check on them and keep an eye on them tonight.

Rascal (male) is dominant bun but thinking about it, I did notice Dizzi try to mount him briefly the other day, it was only for like a second .....but maybe like you say, she was getting a little over confident for Rascal's liking!

Am at work at the mo but will nip home at lunch to check on them and keep an eye on them tonight.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head :)

No exprience, but hope they are OK. What a stressful time for you, with your father-in-law ill too. Bunnies (even single bunnies like Spenser) are very sensitive to changes in routine so hopefully they will settle back down. Sending calming vibes for all concerned. :wave:

No exprience, but hope they are OK. What a stressful time for you, with your father-in-law ill too. Bunnies (even single bunnies like Spenser) are very sensitive to changes in routine so hopefully they will settle back down. Sending calming vibes for all concerned. :wave:

From my inexperienced view, i'd say perfectly normal. Did you seperate them when they were rolling around on their sides? That would be a 'real' fight :shock: :(

Change of routine can certain upset bunnies, B&G get most upset if i get up late, or dont let them out of their crate at the same time each day.

Food often seems to be the cause of squabbles that i've seen!

Biccy gives an occasional grunt when food is put in, in Ginger's direction, because he wants it all, lol. But then they normally settle down and eat together.Glad they are okay.

I hope your FIL is okay too Jo.

Gray

Kenny does this to tinker :roll: He is a greedy lil begger.

Buns can also act up if one of them is off colour. Sometimes the healthy bun will normally try to turn the sick bun away. In the case of my buns Bluebell is a respitory bun and if he is off colour he will be pretty grumpy. Willow loves him to pieces and fusses over him but when you are ill sometimes you just want to be left alone so Bluebell will often getty ratty with her. Do your buns seem ok health wise?

Air freshners or deep heat have also been known to set buns off.

Buns can also act up if one of them is off colour. Sometimes the healthy bun will normally try to turn the sick bun away. In the case of my buns Bluebell is a respitory bun and if he is off colour he will be pretty grumpy. Willow loves him to pieces and fusses over him but when you are ill sometimes you just want to be left alone so Bluebell will often getty ratty with her. Do your buns seem ok health wise?

Air freshners or deep heat have also been known to set buns off.

Yeah they seem to be fine ....... normal poops, good appetites, running round and being as nosey as always. Kept an eye on them last night and this morning and they seem very loved up again! Blesssssss.

Back