• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor digging box

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
What would be good to put in an old carrier to use as a digging box? Mini has been digging a lot recently so I'd like to make something up but all I can think of is shredded paper.

Hay or a variation of hays, dried leaves broke up, herbs, broken hawthorne branches, pellets, fruit, treats

I'm a bit concerned that if I put hay in she will pee in there. I'm definitely planning on putting some food and treats in as well. :thumb: Can't give her much fruit cos of her sticky bum but pellets and broken up crunchies are going in fo' sure. :thumb:

Snow? If you've still got some, if not I'm sure some will turn up lol

:lol:

I did that! Not much digging! Just face plants from Smudge :lol:

_IGP0879-vi.jpg

I buried bunny food to encourage scamp, it did end up wit the kitchen covered in wet slush though :lol:

A phone book is good for the bottom of a digging box as its nice and thick.

What would be good to put in an old carrier to use as a digging box? Mini has been digging a lot recently so I'd like to make something up but all I can think of is shredded paper.

If she's outside, give her a deep box of soil or peat - they love it. I'm lucky, mine have a raised bed to dig.

Woops, sorry, missed the 'indoor' bit in the title. Definitely not soil then.:)

Last edited:
we gave a big digging box of play sand once (indoors in our conservatory when we had one) and they loved it!

sand went EVERYWHERE though, but it was easy to hoover up. then they decided to use it as a littler tray though so we had to take it away - only got bought out on special occasions ;)

I'm sure someone somewhere on here suggested using a phone book?

If that's too big, maybe an old paperback would be fun?

:wave:

I think I'm going to give a phone, book a try first as that won't go everywhere so much as the shredded paper will. Cheers guys, will update let you know how we get on.

ours have a piece of turf in the summer;) thats great to dig:love::lol: nd cheap £3.50 for a massive piece

Don't think that'll work indoors. We don't have any phone books apparently. :? So I've put some newspaper in there. I might shred it a little or ball it up later and put some treats in amongst it all.

Well the newspaper is going down quite well! I wrapped some pellets up in sheets of it and they've had great fun with that!

thats just awesome.

Looks like Biscuit's litter tray after around 30 seconds of me replacing it if i use newspaper :lol:

Glad Mischa enjoyed it :love:

They both are enjoying it. Going down a storm :thumb: and they haven't weed in it which is fantastic. Once their new carrier comes I'll be giving the lops old one a clean out and doing the same for the lionheads.

Back