• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

**WARNING** Primark Paper Bags!

abi2047

Mama Doe
I know some of you may give your bunnies a paper Primark bag full of hay but if you don't then you wont need to worry.
My friend has just rang me in tears. She gave her bunny a paper Primark bag with some hay in and some treats so her bunny can forage for them, once her bunny had hopped out of the bag she got her back legs caught in the handle (the handles are quite hard to rip/tear), her rabbit hopped frantically round the top floor of the hutch trying to get the bag off because it was spooking her and she got so scared she dashed down the ramp to get to the bottom level, unfortunatly she fell down the ramp. The bunny has been to the vets and is fine apart from stress and shock. She will be staying indoors tonight because she has bruised one of her back legs due to falling.
Please, please, please, if you use any paper bags with handles can you rip tear the handles in half or cut them off completely to prevent your bunny from experiencing the same thing and getting injured.

Oh no. I admit I have given mine the paper bags that their hay samples came in without tearing off the handles but I do usually, something definitely to be aware of.

I had a similar incident with Pebbles the other day, the gap was HUGE compared to her head but she got her head in the gap and panicked (i expect because of what happened to her last year when she got her head trapped in the run), and went mental she was so frightened, so i always remove handles now.

x

I hope bun is ok - but what a fab idea to fill a foraging bag - i will try that (handles off mind). :thumb:

Just spoke to my friend via Facebook and she has said that her bunny is eating, pooing and hopping about fine but she still has to go to the vet tomorrow for a check up :D :wave:

aww the poor bunny! glad bunny is OK though.

Good idea though the foraging bag. i will remove the handles though.

My cats often get their heads stuck in the handles of primark bags and panick.....silly cats you would think they would learn...but no! :roll:

My cats claimed one of these bags when it was left on the floor. I cut the handles off straight away. I have a real bad habit of seeing danger in everything. :?

Back