• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fenugreek crunchies - an idea to encourage hay eating?

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
I have a non hay eating bun (the other 2 eat it), I have tried everything to get him to eat it and I was just thinking :idea:................... I could soak some fenugreek crunchies and use the water to spray over some hay :idea:

Do you think it will work?

Worth a try. Could you mix some apple or carrot peelings in would that help? Is it Homer? Is he ok?

Yes tis him :love: :roll: He is fine thanks Kath, just a little brainwave as I do always try to tempt him and really want to try to keep his teeth down.

i grew some fenugreek this year - meant to use it in cooking but esme found it first..........
does he like herbs or dandelions? just a thought as the amall packs of herbal hay aren't very 'hay like' at all:)

i grew some fenugreek this year - meant to use it in cooking but esme found it first..........
does he like herbs or dandelions? just a thought as the amall packs of herbal hay aren't very 'hay like' at all:)

I've tried him with all varieties of hay from the cheapest to the most expensive. I have tried grated carrot in it, played with it, annoyed him with it, sprayed it with pineapple juice :roll: I even put it in a liquidiser and tried to make something more solid (before I found hay cakes) but no, he will not have it and would rather starve.:roll:

Have you tried marigold leaves? Indy flatly refused all the hay i gave him until i got some hay with these in. Now i buy them separately and mix them through the hay et voila!

Its worth a go, I tried doing it with pellets to get Sooty to eat hay as he's the same but it didn't work, I dont think he liked the wetness :roll: I've blitzed soaked pellets and veg up in a blender with hay, then baked it in the oven like cookies to dry it out though and that seems to work a bit better for him.

I thought Spenser was a fussy hay nommer! Sounds like you have a real challege there - good luck! Interesting thread - I don't cook at all, and am wondering what human foods might have fenugreek in them ...

Back