• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sick me with a sick bunny - help! *U/D pg 2*

chul

Staff member
Somethings wrong with Bunski, I've only noticed because I'm off work sick. He is eating but there have been no/tiny tiny poos.

He is sat eating hay, not much but some, and ate some pellets last night, along with hay. Whats p with him? What can I do? :( :(

ETA: he is eating a fair bit of hay now actually, hes sat with the bag eating it.

ETA: Actually he just pulled lots of hay out of the bag. He has eaten some though, :(:(:(

Last edited:
How long since he's pooped chul?

If they are tiny, it could be gut slowdown, in which case, i'd get him to the vets asap. Bunnys, as you may/may not know can go downhill VERY quickly.

If he eats soft foods (some soft veges/herbs) but refuses hard foods (hay/pellets) it could be his teeth.

Can you tempt him with any herbs/veges that he likes to see if he gobbles those?

Oddly, i had Biscuit in a gut slowdown issue a while ago, and we believe he picked up on how stressed i had been, due to my personal situation at the time, thats all we (i/the vet/people from RU) could put it down to. He had to go to the vets and be given pain meds, gut stimulant and fluids :(

I really hope he's okay - and i really hope you get well sooN!

He is sat eating pellets now and one tiny bit of veg, totally fine. The last poos I saw were super tiny ones maybe an hour ago. Hes gotten more lively since this morning now, just ran after me upstairs...

I feel useless coz I'm ill and can't do anything. We don't even have any fresh veggies apart from carrot until m OH gets home from work :cry:

It sounds as though his GI tract has slowed right down.

When you say 'pulling hay from the bag' it's not the sort of bag that he could chew and ingest is it ?

If he is not eating much and hardly pooing he needs to be examined by a Vet I am afraid.

Is he drinking ?

He is sat eating pellets now, totally fine. The last poos I saw were super tiny ones maybe an hour ago. Hes gotten more lively since this morning now, just ran after me upstairs...

I feel useless coz I'm ill and can't do anything. We don;t even have any fresh vaggies apart from carrot until m OH gets home from work :cry:

If you are still worried give your vet a call and ask for some advise over the phone, keep an eye on bun and see how he goes :)

It sounds as though his GI tract has slowed right down.

When you say 'pulling hay from the bag' it's not the sort of bag that he could chew and ingest is it ?

If he is not eating much and hardly pooing he needs to be examined by a Vet I am afraid.

Is he drinking ?

It is a plastic bag but I can assure anyone that he hasn't eaten any of it. He onl had access to it with me watching.

He just polished off about 15 pellets super quick and has now flopped out cleaning himself.

*prays for poops* :(

Moving around i've been told/read is one of the best things for the GI tract.

If he hasn't pooped very soon, i'd still be thinking vets asap.

Also, as Jane asked, is he drinking? I forgot to ask :oops:

Hes now sat eating some dried plantain and coltsfoot I remembered I had.

As for drinking, he drinks loads but not often so as far as I am aware it is normal, he doesn't drink often usually.

Stupid me forgot to clean the litter tray so hes just been in it and I can't tell what poos are what. Thats hat I get for being ill myself.

For now, I've covered it all in hay so when he goes it should be on top, so now is the waiting game i think :(

Hes now sat eating some dried plantain and coltsfoot I remembered I had.

As for drinking, he drinks loads but not often so as far as I am aware it is normal, he doesn't drink often usually.

Maybe you could offer him some water just to see if he does have a drink? Bernard is the same he drinks loads but not often however when i put it under his nose he sometimes goes for it.

I think you should phone your vet and ask for some advise.

Sorry I've missed this, but so pleased Bunski is OK. :) Spenser's poos do vary quite considerably in size and colour - they are better and bigger overnight when he only has hay to eat!

Back