• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The neutral area

stranger23

Mama Doe
Ok so im planning on bonding my 2 girls after xmas as this is when i can get them both spayed im just preparing everything now so im ready when the time comes but im wondering if they will be alright in an area that the boys have been let loose in? im thinking or setting up a pen for them the opposite side of the living room to where they are currently as neither of the girls has been aloud to run there but the two boys have been there will this make a difference? i was thinking of putting them in the bathroom but there isnt much space and with a potty training child it would be best if i could leave that room free

The boys having been there shouldn't make a huge difference but it might make them spray more, mark with their chins more etc :)

Ok so im planning on bonding my 2 girls after xmas as this is when i can get them both spayed im just preparing everything now so im ready when the time comes but im wondering if they will be alright in an area that the boys have been let loose in? im thinking or setting up a pen for them the opposite side of the living room to where they are currently as neither of the girls has been aloud to run there but the two boys have been there will this make a difference? i was thinking of putting them in the bathroom but there isnt much space and with a potty training child it would be best if i could leave that room free

no, if any other bunnys have been there, thats not neutral territory im afraid - you'd need to clean the area with 50:50 water:white vinegar to neutralise it.

Please dont use the bath. I've heard so many terror stories of bunnys injuring themselves on the taps etc while trying to escape and its very slippery so could injure legs whilst slipping etc. :(

(this post is not meant to offend anyone, so if you take it as offensive if you used the bath, you read it wrong :wave:)

Im not to bothered by the spraying or chin rubbing i just didnt want them to fight because of the boys having scented there first thanks for your reply

If i put them in the bathroom i wasnt going to use the bath i was going to set up a pen on the floor for them. If im washing the floor with the 50/50 solution do i have to do the walls to? if i do this causes a problem as the paint isnt water proof and the landlords wont like it if i wash the paint of their walls lol

Back