• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reserved: Leno - Getting married today :-)

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
We had a new arrival on Saturday, a little minilop boy who has been named Leno (anagram of Noel:oops:). He's already got a couple of other names of course as is the way in our house - now also Littleno and littly and littlears or just Ears because he has the most adorable spoon shaped partly lopped ears.

He's very young but does have his man bits, so he'll need neutering and vaccinating before he's ready to meet a lady.

Booked in to see Uncle Ivan the vet today for his first healthcheck. His outer condition is generally good, but he came from a situation where 17 rabbits were being kept in 2 hutches so he may have underlying issues which we will see in due course. We know he was found by the rescuer with no bedding at all. He also smellt desperately of urine from spraying by others. His poos are really quite good considering, and does seem to like hay which makes me very happy.

I have had a quick look in his mouth and his teeth dont' look dreadful but will allow the bunny expert tell me what he thinks this afternoon.

It'll be a month or so before he'll be ready for bonding, but thought I'd share him with you.

More details will be available as he settles in here.

All our rabbits for adoption are on rabbitrehome.org.uk so for up to date info please check online. Leno's details are here. http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=22006

Meet Leno

DayTwo009.jpg

DayTwo001.jpg

We rehome within 20 miles of Windlesham in Surrey and all adoptions are subject to me visiting :D and a donation.

Last edited:
I cant believe you have done this to me just as I have a spare hutch due to the upgrade of accommodation for Buzz and Lady............:love::love::love::love:

We rehome within 20 miles of Windlesham in Surrey and all adoptions are subject to me visiting and a donation.

I didn't notice this before - been back for a sneaky peek. Dont know if I'm happy or sad about it!

We rehome within 20 miles of Windlesham in Surrey and all adoptions are subject to me visiting and a donation.

I didn't notice this before - been back for a sneaky peek. Dont know if I'm happy or sad about it!

Hi yes, sorry I added it after you'd posted

:love::love::love: What a gorgeous little man. I'm sure he won't be available for long. :love:

I love how he holds his ears forward - Bubbles does that when she's investigating anything new. :lol:

Couple more pics - Auntie Jilly just popped in for a cuddle. He's very happy with human company it seems. Bodes well :D

DayTwo016.jpg

DayTwo018.jpg

Just back from Ivan the vet with Leno and he has his full bill of health. Everything seems to be in the right place and working so that's great news. His teeth are apparently text book as far as their shape etc, just not quite aligned but if they are working properly then that shouldn't be an issue and he certainly knows how to poo good poos so that means he's eating very nicely.

Booked in for neuter next week so should be available for adoption at the end of January. Let's hope that his new year starts off really well with a great offer of a new forever home.

A few more pics from today

"hello! my name is Littleears Leno"

Earlydays006.jpg

Earlydays004.jpg

"I wish my ears would work properly"

Earlydays005.jpg

Despite only arriving at the weekend, it's already plain to see that this wee boy doesn't mind being handled already and seems to actually quite like human company.

it's already plain to see that this wee boy doesn't mind being handled already and seems to actually quite like human company.

could you pop him next to duke for a second so he can have a word?! :lol:

V.cute boy - hope he gets homed quickly :D

Just back from Ivan the vet with Leno and he has his full bill of health. Everything seems to be in the right place and working so that's great news. His teeth are apparently text book as far as their shape etc, just not quite aligned but if they are working properly then that shouldn't be an issue and he certainly knows how to poo good poos so that means he's eating very nicely.

Booked in for neuter next week so should be available for adoption at the end of January. Let's hope that his new year starts off really well with a great offer of a new forever home.

Thats great news!
He is a stunning little boy! and those helicopter ears :love:

Back