• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another big freeze - White Christmas likely for all

AnyBunny

Warren Scout
In case you've been holding off stocking up on hay and other essentials:

"Biting winds sweeping in from the Arctic are expected to bring eight inches of snow to the north and east by Thursday while six inches will hit the south by the weekend.

Long term forecasters predicted that snow on Christmas Day was now a “forgone conclusion” with most of Britain from Scotland and the north, through to London and the south-east likely to be coated in white.

But the renewed cold weather could leave many families without presents as suppliers and postal services struggle under the strain.

It has been claimed that the combination of 50mph blasts and eight inches of snow could even lead to snow drifts blocking roads and railways, cutting off villages and schools."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/c...onclusion-as-big-freeze-hits-December-25.html

I'm going down to P&H today to stock up on food for the animals and try and find some more bottle snugs.

I normally stock up before xmas as hate trying to get through everyone in the sales and xmas rush.

I've luckly got my hay in as get 70bales a time for the horses but if you get bales really stock up, my supplier is haveing to put his prices right up as hes running out fast.

I just hope we don't get stuck with Sephs parents for too long if its going to be bad this christas :oops:

I heard there was bad snow due and have stocked up on everything and cleared out the garage in case Buzzby needs to come in there for a while. We're getting 50 bales of hay in on top of what we had in today in case thats it for ages with the horses. It worries me that the pets will get ill when the weathers like that, and its so hard to get them to a vet.

The bunnies are inside thankfully. We had a foot of snow a fortnight ago with temps reaching -14 overnight, and it's only really melted in the last couple of days.

Probably a good idea to stock up to save getting stuck in next weeks Christmas chaos. Wonder if the weather will be as bad as they reckon :?

oh poop! i will have to clear a space to fit some hay into my outhouse, i am short of room and i have predicted i have enough to last me about 2 - 3 weeks but if it snows again i will need more, not to mention i will never get up the hill to the farm shop.

my buns are outside. if the snow lasts more than a week i have told matt, no arguing, they are coming indoors!

im not panicing just yet im in far south more, i will be very surprised if its as bad here as they say it is gonna be

Papers sensationalise creating panic. I'm in the midlands and whenever they mention snow my mates make an issue of it....but more often then not they've not heard the words ' on high ground' or 'in Scotland'. It's better to check out MET office site, BBCweather for more accurate forecasts. And ALL say they can't predict acuratlely too far ahead, the MET office has given up giving out long range forecasts for this reason. In fact forecasts can change by the hour!!:?
Comisserations to all who have suffered in the seasonal weather.

PS:it's always wise to get stocked up especially at this time of year 'cos of xmas spending madness!!!!:thumb:

Last edited:
Went to the local farm today and their hay is still gorgeous and in plentiful supply.

Still only a £1 for a wheely bin bag full too :D

Back