• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My happy little family

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
I dont know if you all remember my troubles at trying to bond Jake and Sam (who used to be Violet).
Well, Sam was put in a cage in the summerhouse where Elvis and Amber have free range of half of it. So they were able to sniff each other. But I had only put him there until I was able to rehome him. I wanted to get Jake a girlfriend and I thought I would have too many rabbits if I kept Sam. Heartbreaking times having to choose!!
Anyway I was out there pottering around and had left Sams door open and he hoped out. There was alot of sniffing etc between him and Elvis and Amber but no aggressive behaviour so I let them be for a while. I did this whenever I was out there and would put him back in the cage when I went in.
Eventually I just left him out for longer periods and they have all bonded into a lovely trio. They cuddle up and wash each other and feed together.
After trying Jake with Elvis and then Sam, I was very wary of males (neutered) being together but have come to the conclusion that its just Jake that dosnt like males rabbits even though hes been neutered. I never thought that Elvis and Sam would get on.
So,I have been able to get Jake a new girlfriend. She is called Jasmine and is lovely with him.
And the best thing is, we didnt have to get rid of Sam!! :love:

Back