• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weaning

To change from one type of food to another should take roughly 2 weeks.

I assume you're changing from one type of pellet to another, so start by adding a few new pellets to their current pellet ration each day, gradually increasing the ratio of new to old.

To change from one type of food to another should take roughly 2 weeks.

I assume you're changing from one type of pellet to another, so start by adding a few new pellets to their current pellet ration each day, gradually increasing the ratio of new to old.

Yes it's pellet to pellet :)

How much of the pellet that they are on do you have left? I would add a bit of the new pellet bit by bit until you are barely putting any of the original pellet in. :) I changed my guys over from excel to SS and I took just over a month because I had quite a bit of excel left. :)

How much of the pellet that they are on do you have left? I would add a bit of the new pellet bit by bit until you are barely putting any of the original pellet in. :) I changed my guys over from excel to SS and I took just over a month because I had quite a bit of excel left. :)

I've not got the buns yet but they currently have A&P pellets. I can't find that anywhere in my area and don't want to rely on the Internet so I'm hoping to feed them SS. The buns will come with changeover feed when I get them though.

Back