• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"snuffles" advice please =[

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Casper has been diagnosed with the snuffles, they tried him on betrayil but it was not effective, so i rushed him in again and they gave him Engemycin injection that seemed to stop him squeaking, i then went back the next day to report how he was, the vet said the injection it given every 3 days so gave me 3 injections to give over 9 days and then see her again after the course, i have just given him his second injection he seems alot better and is eating now but he still has a snuffle every now and again i have one more injection to give him in 3 days do you think he is making enough progress or should they have completely stopped by now? he is half way through the course of anti biotics and he has made progress im just worried :oops:

It sounds as though he is responding to the Engemycin. The course may need to be continued for longer than the 3 doses though :)

It sounds as though he is responding to the Engemycin. The course may need to be continued for longer than the 3 doses though :)

thats good, it seems like the snuffles go on for a long time! iv never experianced them with any of my buns before! what causes it?
I will ask my vet when i go back if i could have a longer course how long do you think i should have? he will have 4 does as he had one at the vets too.

Iv just been reading up on the snuffles and its contagouis :shock: does this mean my other rabbit will get it :shock: they never told me that at the vets,

The funny thing is casper has not had a yellow nose or paws, he started off squeaking and when the vet listened to his chest the first time it was clear, but when i went back after the first antiiotic did not work she listened again and his chest was cloggy :( just very tired and down, i wont him to get better :(

Last edited:
I don't have any snuffles knowledge, but am sorry to hear Casper is still a bit poorly. :( I actually thought it was sometimes more of a condition than an illness, that might need ongoing treatment, but may well be wrong in this. Have you posted in rabbit health? Maybe other snuffle bun mummies would have experience to share with you. Sending Casper lots of get well soon wishes. :wave:

I don't have any snuffles knowledge, but am sorry to hear Casper is still a bit poorly. :( I actually thought it was sometimes more of a condition than an illness, that might need ongoing treatment, but may well be wrong in this. Have you posted in rabbit health? Maybe other snuffle bun mummies would have experience to share with you. Sending Casper lots of get well soon wishes. :wave:

oo :( looks like casper is stuck with it, bless him :( ongoing treatment :shock: i hope i dont have to give him injections every 3 days bless him he hates it :cry: no i havent posted it in health maybe i should :)

oo :( looks like casper is stuck with it, bless him :( ongoing treatment :shock: i hope i dont have to give him injections every 3 days bless him he hates it :cry: no i havent posted it in health maybe i should :)

I think I've seen posts referring to snuffle buns as if it is just something they just have... :? I'm sure people would be happy to share experiences - that's one of the ways we all learn.

Back