• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

saw this treat at pets at home.. what do you all think??

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I found this product at pets at home, could not find it on there site but found it one another to show you all.. here it is http://www.gardencentre.co.uk/product.asp?id=29572

Now you cant see it on that small image but it caught my eye at P@H today i read the ingrediants and the bowl is made out of bread :shock: now i may be wrong but i thought rabbits were not aloud bread??

It seemed very tasty idea untill i saw the bread part maybe its safe bunny bread?? :?

I think rabbits can have dried bread very occasionally as a treat, but I think normal bread might bloat them a bit? But the treat says £22.14 :shock: That's a bit much!

I think rabbits can have dried bread very occasionally as a treat, but I think normal bread might bloat them a bit? But the treat says £22.14 :shock: That's a bit much!

That's for a pack/case of 6 :lol::lol::lol:
I was going to buy Riley one when I went to P@H yesterday but didn't think he would like it :?

yes :lol: there is 6 there you can get them for like 3 pound at pets at home.. i just thought it was a bit unusual, never seen anything with bread in it before for rabbits!

I bought one of these, I gave the 'edible' bowl to the hamster though, as it had egg or milk in it, I cant remember, and just gave the buns they hay and treaties out of the middle. Im not going to buy it again though.

Mine don't get bread at all. Not unless I need to give them a bitter tasting medicine like baytril. It's too starchy for them and can upset their stomachs.

Mine don't get bread at all. Not unless I need to give them a bitter tasting medicine like baytril. It's too starchy for them and can upset their stomachs.

Bread is a controversial thing..... its not recommended really, but some people feed it anyways, just like some people feed cereals. I stick to the ideas of 'if they dont have it in the wild, my two do not get it'.

Bread is a controversial thing..... its not recommended really, but some people feed it anyways, just like some people feed cereals. I stick to the ideas of 'if they dont have it in the wild, my two do not get it'.

yes im like that too, i stick to basics may be a bit boring but mine have never had stomach upsets so i guess thats one good thing and i scatter food round and cover it with hay to make it more intresting :lol:

Yup me too. The only exception to that rule is fenugreek crunchies for us, which mine don't get very often anyway.

Back