• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buns had a fight

cloughie

Banned
Pebbles and Roxy have been happily bonded together for about 5 months now. I went outside today though to see that the playhouse was completely trashed and there quite a bit of fur in the run. After check both the buns over it would appear that Pebbles (the boy) has nipped Roxy's ear twice :(...the cuts are not too bad...any tips on what to do would be appreciated :)

I have kept them together and they have been fine all day, hopefully it was just a one off.

I have got a new bunny out in the garden...the runs face each other and are about 2 feet apart...so you think the sight/ smell of the new bun could have made Pebbles turn on Roxy? Other than that all I can think of is that Roxy has a habit of humping if she doesn't get her own way...perhaps she humped him one too many times? :?

Would you keep your buns together still if they had a lil fall out?

Pebbles and Roxy have been happily bonded together for about 5 months now. I went outside today though to see that the playhouse was completely trashed and there quite a bit of fur in the run. After check both the buns over it would appear that Pebbles (the boy) has nipped Roxy's ear twice :(...the cuts are not too bad...any tips on what to do would be appreciated :)

I have kept them together and they have been fine all day, hopefully it was just a one off.

I have got a new bunny out in the garden...the runs face each other and are about 2 feet apart...so you think the sight/ smell of the new bun could have made Pebbles turn on Roxy? Other than that all I can think of is that Roxy has a habit of humping if she doesn't get her own way...perhaps she humped him one too many times? :?

Would you keep your buns together still if they had a lil fall out?

I'd say that it is almost certain that it's the new Bun causing referred aggression.

You need to move new Bun out of sight and smell of P+R

When you handle new Bun you then need to wash your hands with a perfumed soap before attempting to handle P+R. You'd be best to change your top too.

I'd say that it is almost certain that it's the new Bun causing referred aggression.

You need to move new Bun out of sight and smell of P+R

When you handle new Bun you then need to wash your hands with a perfumed soap before attempting to handle P+R. You'd be best to change your top too.

Thank you. I have been wasing my hands and changing my clothes between handling buns...at least I'm doing something right :(

I have put a sheet of plywood in front of Pebs and Roxy's run so new bun is out of sight now...any ideas if they're able to smell her? their runs are about feet apart...can't really move new buns hutch and run as there is no where 2els big enough :(

I agree with Jane, when I looked after Honey my sisters bun, I noticed a change in my buns behaviour for definate, fortunatly it was only for a few days..they was opposite ends of the garden and when I let him go out I had to form 'a barrier' around my buns so he wouldn't get too near them I also covered their enclosure so they couldn't see each other...but I'm guessing they could still smell him.

They will be able to smell him and hear him so you are still likely to have a problem

Is he entire ? If so then you really are taking a huge risk if you leave him so close to P+R. If he sprays and any wee lands on P or R or lands in their 'space' all hell will break loose and a serious fight could occur.

They will be able to smell him and hear him so you are still likely to have a problem

Is he entire ? If so then you really are taking a huge risk if you leave him so close to P+R. If he sprays and any wee lands on P or R or lands in their 'space' all hell will break loose and a serious fight could occur.

The new bun (Phoebe) is a doe, she is going in on Thursday to be spayed.

Back