• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lottie has been spayed today!

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
All went well :)

How long should it take for her to recover? She doesn't seem as sleepy looking as Lewis was after his neuter, but she's not moving around that much :/

Plus, it cost me £82, is that normal for this procedure? It cost me sooo much less when I had Lewis done... I kno it's cheaper for a neuter than a spay, but I thought £82 was a bit steep :shock:

:wave:

We had our little girl spayed a couple of months ago and then our little boy done shortly after. Our boy was up and eating as soon as he got home. She was a much longer recovery. She was not eating for a good 24 hours after we brought her home and had to give her critical care until her appetite sorted itself. After she started eating she started to perk up and by the next day she was well on her way to full recovery. She was very lethargic for the first night and didn't even come out of her cage really. By day 3 she was hopping about with less energy but still exploring and looking livelier.

I hope this helps! :wave:

All went well :)

How long should it take for her to recover? She doesn't seem as sleepy looking as Lewis was after his neuter, but she's not moving around that much :/

Plus, it cost me £82, is that normal for this procedure? It cost me sooo much less when I had Lewis done... I kno it's cheaper for a neuter than a spay, but I thought £82 was a bit steep :shock:

:wave:

Glad shes ok :) Rosie took about 3 days to recover fully, so not long really.

I payed £65, vets do vary a lot but I would say that is higher than average.

Thanks for the info :)

I took Lottie to a different vets than where Lewis went for his neuter (as I thought they were a bit crappy - poor service & he got ill after), she looks a lot better than Lewis did - he looked really sad and his fur didn't look right, they also kept him in his carrier all day :shock:

Still need to get her a VHD vaccination though, and this vetinary practice won't order me lapinject :evil: Don't want to go back to the previous vets where I used to take Lewis, as they messed up her myxo vaccine, told me useless/incorrect info and couldn't handle her, which resulted in her going flying! :shock:

Back