• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has Spenser 'claimed' conservatory? CAUGHT HIM!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
He is refusing to be caught. I have been attempting to catch him for over an hour now, but he keeps going uder the couch where even a small person like me can't follow. I have tried all manner of treats, and rather annoyingly he does go into the box and eat them when my back is turned. I will have to bring him in most days for the foreseeable future, as his outdoor run is not secure enough to leave him unattended. If matters don't improve soon I shall have to make a case for installing him in the puppycrate. I'm reluctant to do this, not least because I've spent £100 on a thermal hutch-hugger which hasn't even arrived yet. Off to try again ... :roll:

Last edited:
Hmmm....he's certainly got you well trained.....

When catching my boys after playtime in the conservatory they will always head behind the sofa. I block one end off, and then use the feather duster to tickle them out the other end, where the open carry case is waiting!

They seem to enjoy is as part of their 'games', bless 'em!

Are you able to block off certain areas to stop him getting into them?

Hmmm....he's certainly got you well trained.....

When catching my boys after playtime in the conservatory they will always head behind the sofa. I block one end off, and then use the feather duster to tickle them out the other end, where the open carry case is waiting!

They seem to enjoy is as part of their 'games', bless 'em!

Are you able to block off certain areas to stop him getting into them?

That's easier to do in the living-room, which is too warm for him at the moment. I have now removed most of the conservatory furniture, but cannot shift the couch on my own. Spenser clearly doesn't dislike me. I have just lain on the floor reaching my hands out to him, and had my gloves very thoroughly groomed. I was wearing gloves because it is so cold in there!

I haven't tried a feather duster, and will now root about to see if I can find one.

I use puppy panels to block off areas where I don't want the buns to go, is there anything you can use to block off the sofa, will he go back into his carrier if you put it near to him. I am lucky as my buns take themselves back to their hutch and the chinnie takes herself back to her cage.

I use puppy panels to block off areas where I don't want the buns to go, is there anything you can use to block off the sofa, will he go back into his carrier if you put it near to him. I am lucky as my buns take themselves back to their hutch and the chinnie takes herself back to her cage.

The problem is it's a couch, not a sofa - I couldn't possibly block it all off. He is too smart to just go in the carrier, even if it's snared with treats. I know he goes in when my back is turned because the treats disappear. He's very strong, and would just push down panels - that's one of the reasons why he can only have supervised play in his outdoor run. I love my bunny, but it's too cold to stand about outside for more than 10 minutes or so.

Spenser sounds like one smart bunneh! :lol::lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles are so sucked in by the sound of a rattling food bag that they always walk straight into my traps. :lol::lol:

Another failed attempt, although it was interrupted by the arrival of his snugglesafe at the door. We are so relieved about his - he will probably ignore it, but we will feel better for him having the option.

Nope. If he doesn't behave soon I will be encouraging people to spell his name wrong. :evil: It is very odd - I have never been as well groomed in the 7 months I have him, but the condition is that I lie on the cold tiles and stretch my hands under the couch to his chosen spot. :roll:

What a little tinker! Have you caught him yet?
All I can suggest is to block off behind the sofa before you next let him free range :?
OR, move him into the conservatory permenantly so he can free range in there all the time? You could sell your current hutch and your new cover on ebay (or on here) :D

He's not behind the sofa, he's under the couch. Bit more difficult to block.:? I haven't caught him yet. He wouldn't even come out for a Rainbow Rabbit biscuit. If I hadn't spent so much on the hutch, and now paid for a thermal cover, I'd definitely be petitioning to move him in. His stuff has already taken over the conservatory.

Finally caught him! He would have wriggled free, but my parents had returned home and were able to shove his box close enough! Phew. :)

:lol::lol: well i dont know about training Spenser but he certainly has you trained :lol: what a naughty little bun, saying that casper got into my conservatory today, he seems to think its "his" now ever scince he stayed in it when he was ill.. caught him sat on his pellet tub eating the lot :shock: :lol: maybe he had spoken to Spenser!!

:lol::lol: well i dont know about training Spenser but he certainly has you trained :lol: what a naughty little bun, saying that casper got into my conservatory today, he seems to think its "his" now ever scince he stayed in it when he was ill.. caught him sat on his pellet tub eating the lot :shock: :lol: maybe he had spoken to Spenser!!

Apart from age and size, those bunnies have a lot in common, bless them. :roll::roll::love:

I love Spenser he sounds like a bunny with attitude :love::love::love:. I am sure you will find a way to get Spenser to return to his hutch, you just have to make him think its his idea.

Back