• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding and Neutering questions

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Hi

1. Can you tell me if I can pair a neutered buck with an unneutered doe? The farm where I was going to get the doe (not got her yet) said it would be ok? I am not sure and wanted to check if there would be behaviour problems. They thought not...

2. The farm also seemed to think I could put the doe and buck in their new home together straight away and that there should be no problems! :shock: Can I try this or will they fight? Ideally this would be great as I have no experience of bonding and he is very lonely. Obviously I wouldn't dream of doing this if it could cause injuries.

Their new home will be neutral, they won't be living in his humble abode so that's a bonus.

Anyway, just wondered whether anyone had success of putting a pair together and their being no problems??

My boy bun is 6 months old and neutered and the female will be 16 weeks and not neutered. They will be moving into a shed with a 10ft run.

ps this arrangement is not set in stone, my bun just needs a wife urgently as he is very lonely.

Thanks
Kim

I have bonded a neutered buck with unneutered doe successfully.

However, it may be easier with a neutered doe as hormones will have settled. Are there any rescues near to you, they may also help you with bonding.

Also if you do decide to get the doe, please have her neutered as this reduces the risk of cancer for females.

I have bonded a neutered buck with unneutered doe successfully.

However, it may be easier with a neutered doe as hormones will have settled. Are there any rescues near to you, they may also help you with bonding.

Also if you do decide to get the doe, please have her neutered as this reduces the risk of cancer for females.

Actually I think I am going to rescue a doe. I spoke with one earlier and they seem much more supportive and would give bonding guidance and possibly do it for me.

Thanks for the tip about neutering the doe to reduce the risk of cancer. I didn't know that.

Thanks
kim

Actually I think I am going to rescue a doe. I spoke with one earlier and they seem much more supportive and would give bonding guidance and possibly do it for me.

Thanks for the tip about neutering the doe to reduce the risk of cancer. I didn't know that.Thanks
kim

Neither did I a few years ago, that is how I lost my unneutered girlie (she was six which was quite old to get it). There is 80% chance of them getting uterine cancer. I would never take the chance again.

Rescues on here will also help you if you see anything on Rabbit Rehome (there is a link at the bottom), they can also arrange bunny runs.

Back