• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can bunnys have newspaper

shadow05

Mama Doe
right i have one big question and ive been told many times that its posionous but i see people use it. is newspaper bad for bunnys cause mine really like to shred it up and eat it.

I have always put a thick layer of newspaper in my rabbit hutch and in the litter trays. Not been a problem with my buns.

ive been wanting to give it my rabbit to shred to bits cause i know how much he likes it but i didnt think it was a good idea to let him eat it. he likes to do destructive things but i wont let him do it if its unsafe and life threating lol. can u think oh any things else that i could let him do that is destructive but not gonna hurt him in anyway cause im running out of ideas lol.

can someone plz tell me i really wanna know ive been wondering about this for a while and i cant find anything saying if they can or not.

I don't know either. I use it in litter trays but my guys don't destroy it. If you're worried have you tried cardboard boxes? Samus loves to destroy them. :)

I use newspapers to line the litter trays with wood pellets and a thick layer of hay on top but would be worried if they tried to eat the newspapers.

The idea of carboard boxes is good - my pair love shredding them, especially in the middle of the night or early morning :lol:

I don't know either. I use it in litter trays but my guys don't destroy it. If you're worried have you tried cardboard boxes? Samus loves to destroy them. :)

oh he does love cardboard hes a bit fan of it but every so often i have to take it away from him which he gets quite sad about. i take it away just to give his stomach a break from it cause he likes to eat it even though hes getting a load of hay the whole of his cage floor has hay over it. unfortunatley it the pets at home stuff which he hates and thinks that it more worthy to be peed on instead lol.

Mine too - i line hutches, litter trays and boxes with them as they are great for warmth. They shred them but dont eat them.

do u think i should give it him even though i know hes going to eat it. this rabbit will eat practically anything he can get his hands on and funnily enough doesn't even go for wires at all he passes them and doesn't even give it a second look. but i wouldn't wanna give him the chance either.

Back