• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abused bunnies have arrived!

Many of you have probably seen this thread about some rabbits that have been badly treated. They are now safe with us and here is their story.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=258473

DSCF1826.jpg

This is Treacle who came into rescue today with her sister, Millie. These girls have a very sad background. They were brought to us by a concerned member of the public who heard about a so called "rescue" who was basically taking in rabbits and breeding from them.

Both of them were living in their own filth in a hutch that was far too small for one rabbit, let alone two. As a result of this they were fighting. So far they seem to be getting along ok, but if they do fight here we will have to split them.

Millie's rear end is very swollen and painful and so is Treacle's nipples. Both girls will have to be 100% healthy before they can leave us.

DSCF1829.jpg

Treacle seems very confident and was happy to be around me whilst I checked her over. The girls are approx. 4 years old and will be speyed when our vets are happy with their health status.

DSCF1831.jpg

Millie's back end. As you can see its very swollen and sore. She must have been like this for a long time. The lady who rescued her said she was covered in her own mess.

Both girls have been underfed, however they both have excellent appetites.

DSCF1833.jpg

Millie is on the left and Treacle is on the right.

DSCF1836.jpg

Millie is quieter than her sister.

DSCF1838.jpg

These girls are so pretty and we are pleased they are safe with us now. Their lives will change for the good as from today :)

DSCF1839.jpg

They are both lovely, I am so glad they are in safe hands now and hope they are both feeling better soon and that they can find an excellent home which they deserve.

They are very cute. I am really hoping they can stay together, but it will mean they will probably take longer to find a home as pairs are not popular. Now they are in a large hutch with lots of food they should play nice *fingers crossed*

Oh Bless them and 'Thank God' they are out of the situation they were in. They are beautiful and I hope they eventually find kind and loving homes together. :love::love:

oh wonderful news they are with you now and can start to put on some weight & be loved....noserubs little sweeties!:love:

Apparently there are lots of rabbits still in the "rescue" :'(

:shock: oh no! Surely if they have been reported the animals/bunnies would be taken to a safe place?

oh wonderful news they are with you now and can start to put on some weight & be loved....noserubs little sweeties!:love:

:shock: oh no! Surely if they have been reported the animals/bunnies would be taken to a safe place?

Well I know the woman who saved them has reported them so hopefully something will be done asap.

Seeing this really brought tears to my ears and a lump in my throat. The poor little babies, thank goodness they were rescued and brought to you.

I hope these beautiful girlies can live a long and happy life from now and find a forever home as soon as they are in good health :love:

Seeing this really brought tears to my ears and a lump in my throat. The poor little babies, thank goodness they were rescued and brought to you.

I hope these beautiful girlies can live a long and happy life from now and find a forever home as soon as they are in good health :love:

I dread to think what happened to them before ending up in the "rescue". No bunny should have to go through such an ordeal :(

Well done for taking these bunnies in.

Is there any way this "rescue" could be helped. It may be a case that she has good intentions, which have got out of her control. In addition, Im loathe to condemn a place based on someone's perceptions, as I know of three rescues who have been wrongly attacked. Some rescues can be a shock, if people are expecting spacious accommodation and a handful of rabbits. The reality for some rescues is that they have 100 rabbits and are overwhelmed.

If she is intentionally breeding from rescue rabbits and, justifying this as bringing revenue into the "rescue", then this is wrong. But could she have had accidental litters, or bunnies who came in pregnant??

Having said the above, there are certainly hoarders out there, who become part of the problem and not the solution and its important to differentiate between the two.

They're gorgeous :love::love: although I didn't want to read their story :oops: I find it very upsetting, I'm just so grateful they are now in good hands and can move forward in their life :D
The lighter bun reminds me of my Bella :D

Back