• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Blankets

Evangeline

Warren Veteran
So i'm trying to change Pierre's housing, starting with improving the carpet to give a little bit of soft cushioning for his feets. Has anyone put blankets down to cover floors at all? and if so can you recommend where you got them from?

Thaaanks

Spenser has 'claimed' a fleece of mine. He also has special bunny fleeces made by Blackberry. I will find a photo of his floor fleece, which we use in the conservatory when he is having indoor time. :wave:

I use the cheapo pet blankets from Poundland, I did look a bit nuts buying armfuls of them...but hey, £1!! Easy wash and doesn't matter if they get ruined as I can get another!

If it's a small area Tracy's blankets in fundraising are really good cos they've padded and stiff and don't move about.

For a large area I would go for a duvet if you don't have a chewer or vetbed. I used to have a sandwich of plastic sheeting, towels, vetbed and then a sheet when the carpet was wearing away at my lops hocks. That worked pretty well.

Here is Spenser with his appropriated fleece:

PC060381.jpg

It may also be worth checking out a fabric shop and see if you can buy fleece material in lengths, that's what I've got in my bun's hutch at the moment, cut to shape!

5214438813_366dc3c2ab.jpg

I make bunny/pet blankets with all profit going to Kirkby Pet Welfare. :wave:

They are made of two layers of fleece and are padded with wadding for extra comfort. They are quilted to prevent the wadding from moving about during use or during washing.

There are lots of pics on my thread in Fundraising. I make them to order, so can do specific sizes if required. :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216424&page=31

I use towels, a pet bed (like vet bed but cheaper either from wilkinsons or "family bargins") and then a big sheet like a dust sheet over the top atm . I never thought about an old quilt thats a good idea!

Tracy they look ace, I saw them before I considered them. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to send until end of the month :( will you still be making them then?

I use fleeces. Bought loads for about a pound each, they wash well and the bunnies love them and snuggle down on them for their afternoon snooze.:wave:

Back