• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me find...

Wondergirl

Alpha Buck
Your mission if you choose to accept it is to find me a hutch which matches the following criteria:

A two tiered hutch.
5-6ft by 2ft
With lockable ladder hatch
Under £200

The challenge has been set...

Last edited:
Find out what these hutches are made from as many of this type are made of a soft wood which can get chewed very quickly.

I am not sure who posted over the weekend about their rabbit chewing their brand new cage.

I like the 1st one, its much better quality nat. Lots of people have this kind.

Also, if you want something cheaper but just as good quality as the first, the 6ft single story with attached 6x4 run would be perfect. But i know you said it wouldnt fit on your patio.

Alsoo, i think i told you earlier, the play houses are good, spacious but dont take up too much room. If you plan to have your run seperate, then they give more space. If you squeeze in with them too, then you can sit with them without getting too cold and wet in winter ;)

I think the 2nd one is nice, but expensive considering its just a 2 story average quality hutch.

I like the 1st one, its much better quality nat. Lots of people have this kind.

Also, if you want something cheaper but just as good quality as the first, the 6ft single story with attached 6x4 run would be perfect. But i know you said it wouldnt fit on your patio.

Alsoo, i think i told you earlier, the play houses are good, spacious but dont take up too much room. If you plan to have your run seperate, then they give more space. If you squeeze in with them too, then you can sit with them without getting too cold and wet in winter ;)

I think the 2nd one is nice, but expensive considering its just a 2 story average quality hutch.

I have a budget... I like the first hutch too but it's out of my price range.

have you considered getting a shed

Hiya
Our two hutches were looking a bit ropey so I looked for ages to find a good quality 6 x 2 hutch at the right price for our buns Jinx and Dandy. In the end we bought a 6 X 4 ex display shed from Focus for under £150 and put the two hutches inside (the hutch doors are always open).
So glad we did in this cold weather as they can move around and are better protected from the elements plus it makes feeding them so much easier. They have a snuggle safe with an old duvet over the hutch to keep them extra cosy in these extreme temperatures.

Thanks for the suggestions :)
As said in previous posts, a shed isn't an option due to lack of space. There are some great hutches and runs out there though :)

It doesn't have lockable ladder but a piece of wood could easily be added over the top. Its £100 and is of very good quality I have seen it in real life:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/summer-lodge-double-hutch-by-sharples-n-grant-38775

ETA it is 5ft though, but £100 spare for a run or something isn't bad :)

I have this hutch and love it:)

It is five foot but the levels are very deep so it's okay for the night time. It was also very easy to convert into two separate levels while I'm waiting for the buns to be neutered/spayed.

I just make sure the bunnies get free range time and they go out in the run alternately every day:)

I have this hutch and love it:)

It is five foot but the levels are very deep so it's okay for the night time. It was also very easy to convert into two separate levels while I'm waiting for the buns to be neutered/spayed.

I just make sure the bunnies get free range time and they go out in the run alternately every day:)

That's a lovely hutch. What's the difference between that one and the Rose cottage one?

I have a budget... I like the first hutch too but it's out of my price range.

Thing is to remember is a cheap hutch will likely be a false economy as even if they don't chew it in a couple of years it will probably need replacing or repairing.

Back