• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really important quick advice..Photo added

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Feegal is in GI stasis. Off to emergency vet. What meds does he need please:cry:

Last edited:
Feegal is in GI stasis. Off to emergency vet. What meds does he need please:cry:

Depends on what the Vet finds on examination. Try to identify primary cause

Pain relief is a must.
Gut motility meds *if there is no evidence of GI obstruction or a bloated stomach*

SQ fluids to insure gut contents are well hydrated.

Sending get well vibes xx

He went in for mixy vac this morning. It is just stress.

I have given him .7mls of metacam and 1ml of fiberplex and 6 mls of critical care.

Spoken to emergency vet and she said that is what they would do and she would keep him in. That is the worst thing for hiim. She said to leave it another hour and then call back.

Tulip was kept in today as she is doing badly, I think I am losing them:cry:

He has weed three times, but not in his litter tray. I have not seen any poos. But I think he did do a few on top of his cage.

Was Feegal poorly about a week ago too :?

No, Tulip is very ill, but always has been.

I do think Feegal is going deaf though. The vet looked at his ears today, and said everything appeared fine. Feegal was absolutely fine this morning.

He has eaten some kale and greens so best not take him to the vet.:?

Has anyone given a bun Metoclopromide and Ranitidine themselves? If he stops eating due to stress taking him to the vet is going to exacerbate it isn't it?

I really think rabbits aren't for me:cry:

I do think Feegal is going deaf though. The vet looked at his ears today, and said everything appeared fine. Feegal was absolutely fine this morning.

Has anyone given a bun Metoclopromide and Ranitidine themselves? If he stops eating due to stress taking him to the vet is going to exacerbate it isn't it?

Really? :( how come you have 4 of them?

IMG_0358.jpg

I gave metoclop, metacam and zantac orally, and syringe fed her. I also (with the help of my mum) gave Mae sub - q fliuds. :wave:

Really? :( how come you have 4 of them?

I love them soo much, feel like I make a breakthrough and then they remind me I am a awful bunny mummy:cry:

I give them all my time money and love and still they get ill.

I felt evil giving Feegal all that stuff, now he is eating, but he will have to go back to the vet to check his teeth, myxi jabs, etc and then get GI stasis again, it really hurts him:cry:

NO other animal is this hard, I am just not good enough:cry:

I love them soo much, feel like I make a breakthrough and then they remind me I am a awful bunny mummy:cry:

I felt evil giving Feegal all that stuff, now he is eating, but he will have to go back to the vet to check his teeth, myxi jabs, etc and then get GI stasis again, it really hurts him:cry:

Don't be silly, you are a good bunny mummy, but I agree, bunnies are one of the hardest pets to care for because they're so fragile.

Don't be silly, you are a good bunny mummy, but I agree, bunnies are one of the hardest pets to care for because they're so fragile.

I know, I hate they are sold as children's pets. I am obsessed with them, and I can't get it right, with a dog you make one mistake and the dog doesn't notice. With a rabbit you don't even make a mistake and they nearly die:cry:

You're clearly not a bad bunny-mummy. You care deeply for them and are doing your best to keep them healthy and happy.

Vibes for Feegal and Tulip :love:

Quit that right now. You are a very good bunny mummy, Feegal is just ill, and you are doing the very best you can for him. You're just having a little confidence crash because it's all come on at once. As for the teeth check, myxi jabs, they only last minutes and I bet he got treats afterwards. ;) Most bunnies go through illness at some point, the fact that you give him love and care through it instead of giving up is what makes you a good bunny mummy.

To look at it from Feegal's perspective - I'm constantly ill and my partner is the one who forces me to hospital appointments, makes me get out of bed, eat when I don't want to, nag me to take my meds and so on. At the time I'm a grumpy bun because it doesn't make me feel good but afterwards I'm incredibly grateful to him especially when the pain has dulled because of it. I'm sure Feegal feels the same way. :)

Lots of vibes and nose-rubs to Feegal and Tulip. :love:

Back