• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on one on my kits

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Hi one of my perfect healthy kits eye was matted shut this morning i bathed it open but it looks sore so i have decided to bring him in feor a while to keep my eye on it . . Will it be ok? Its eati ng bits of food
Thanks

I'm sorry I have no experience with kits. How old is the kit? I have heard that the kits have to stay with their mum until they are eight weeks old; so I'm not sure if bringing him in is a good idea. I hope someone more experienced will be able to advise.

kits

I wouldnt take a kit away from its mum before 8 weeks... She may still be feeding it.. The mum also might decide she dosnt want it back if its away from her to long.... The eye may have been poked by bedding, straw ect.. Make sure to check it for any ulcers on the eyeball.. check its teeth are ok... Check other bunns have got clean eyes incase its conjunctivitus...
If in doubt vets for eye drops....x

Back