• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Porridge

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Someone mentioned on here the other day that they sometimes feed their buns abit of rabbit porridge (oats and water microwaved for abit then cooled)
So I decided to try my guys with some before bed last night. I mashed a tiny bit of banana in with it, and they LOOOOVED it :D Felt good to be giving them something tasty and filling before bed aswell :love:

Just thought I would let you all know! It is used to fatten up underweight buns so obviously I will only be giving it as an occasional treat. Theres nothing wrong with abit of extra insulation on a freezing night though ;)

Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned it, my buns are very grateful :wave:

I dont microwave mine I just pour on some cooled boiled water and let it soak. Mae goes wild for it :lol: especially with narna or honey in

I dont microwave mine I just pour on some cooled boiled water and let it soak. Mae goes wild for it :lol: especially with narna or honey in

Ooh thanks for the tip about using boiling water instead. I was abit du ious about giving them something thats been microwaved :oops: so thats a much better option :wave:

Ooh thanks for the tip about using boiling water instead. I was abit du ious about giving them something thats been microwaved :oops: so thats a much better option :wave:

I dont microwave it cause it goes too gloopy :) deffinatly better not to micro wave it if possible :wave: just dont forget to let the oats soak for about 5 mins :wave:

I gave Bobby some when she was getting over her spey, she ate it off my hands..:love:

Nawwww :love:
I feel like Ive stumbled upon a great discovery! It'll be great in the future if needed for tempting a sick bun to eat, bulking up an underweight bun and hiding meds in :)

Okies thanks again :D
How offen do you give it to your bun btw out of curiosity?

Was doing it 2 times a week but Mae was severly underweight :wave: Going to go and make her some in a bit, probably going to keep doing it for her once a fornight. Sebastian doesnt get any though :lol:

I give Dolly a small amount to fatten her up, although I'm giving it her at meds time when I go get her, otherwise she's no chance of a taste with Bella and Oscar :lol:

Made with boiled water.

I used to give porridge oats mixed with water to my elderly and very sick bun for about the last year of his life as he really liked it and needed to put on weight.

I don't think I would feed it to buns if they are the right weight though, not even as a treat due to its fattening properties :lol:

Some one told me they used to mix the porridge with tea and his bunnies loved it.
P1000536-1.jpg

Back