• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini lops - size

My friend has a mini-lop male, who weighs 1.8kg. They are generally regarded as quite playful and, rightly or wrongly, popular as children's pets. They keep their fairly round shape into adulthood. My little friend is called Mr McFlurry because the children he belongs to a great devotees of a certain fast-food chain.:roll::lol:

Rosie is about 4 and is 3 and a half pounds, Ted is about 10 months and weighs 3 pounds. Hes naturally a lot slimmer and small, probably because he runs round like a maniac! My mini-lops generally seem much friendlier then my others, whether thats bred in or im lucky im not sure :wave:

I asked about mini lop weights on here a while ago and answers were quite varied, some weighed as much as 2kg.

According to the breed standard, they should weigh 1.5kg, or a maximum of 1.6kg. But, of course, plenty of bunnies will be outside of that range but still the right general mini lop size.

Bubbles is about 1.3kg and Alfie is 1.6kg. I'm not sure how they compare to dutchies though as I have only ever seen baby ones in a pet shop.

Izzy weighed 5.5 pounds :wave:

I think your breeds are slightly different over there. ;) Izzy sounds like a dwarf lop.

You have holland lops, while we have mini lops. What you would call a mini lop is known as a dwarf lop in the UK..... very confusing. :? :lol:

My mini lop is 2.3kg. I know some people would say she is a dwarf lop (and I'm definately no expert so she may be), I think of her as a mini because she is a totally different shape to my dwarf lop. She is smaller than him and much rounder, especially her face, plus her head is bigger than my dwarfs in comparison to her body!!

My mini lop is 2.3kg. I know some people would say she is a dwarf lop (and I'm definately no expert so she may be), I think of her as a mini because she is a totally different shape to my dwarf lop. She is smaller than him and much rounder, especially her face, plus her head is bigger than my dwarfs in comparison to her body!!

my mini lop is about the same, he's a mixture with a lion head though. He's going to be one one new years day!

If you're thinking about size rather than weight - I think Benson is about the size and shape (when sat dozing) of an average size baloon (not blown up too much!!) Lola is about the size of a small watermelon with floppy ears!! Does that make any sense?? They weigh about a bag of flour - I don't know their weights :oops:

If you're thinking about size rather than weight - I think Benson is about the size and shape (when sat dozing) of an average size baloon (not blown up too much!!) Lola is about the size of a small watermelon with floppy ears!! Does that make any sense?? They weigh about a bag of flour - I don't know their weights :oops:

I like this description - means much more to me than either pounds or kg. :lol:

Back