• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what just arrived

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
A very special parcel - two chinchillas :D:D:D:D

We got in touch with a rescue a couple of months ago to let them know we were interested in a pair and they suggested these, an 18 month old neutered male and female pair. The boy had a wound though so we have been waiting this long for them! But their fosterers came tonight and did our homecheck and dropped them off :D

Name suggestions?? I like Milton (after the horse) and Eva, or Scrabble or Tiddlywink - but other ideas welcome please :)

DSCI0784-1.jpg

DSCI0785.jpg

I love chinnies too, I have an old lady here she is so lovely, very funny, they take their time in getting to know you and I find just proofing the room and letting them out to come to you on their own terms is best, I have found that if you leave their cage door open they take themselves back when they have had enough free ranging.

As it is almost Christmas I think you should have festive names, such as Holly, St Nicholas etc.

Aww gorgeous! We had a chinchilla a few years back called Chinnypig. Clearly you're gonna be a bit more imaginative with their names lol

thank you :D I like the idea of Christmas themed names, they are meant to be my Christmas present from the OH!!

They are just gorgeous! 'Milton' is Spenser's middle name, but after a poet not a horse. :lol:

:lol: I wish I was allowed to call my pets after literary icons but don't think my OH would let me

OMG I could call them Milton and Bronte :love::love::love:

Back