• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

catching Spenser - getting worse!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Spenser doesn't like his run when the slabs are damp, so I have been trying to give him exercise time in the conservatory (unheated). He's getting increasingly difficult to catch, and after a first time success bribery with fenugreek crunchies/plantain in the carrier doesn't work. He just goes under the couch or into awkward corners where I have no hope of catching him and sits there. I'm not sure how stressful he finds the process, but it is definitely upsetting me. I don't expect him to turn into a cuddly bunny, but it really getting quite disheartening that he reacts so badly to even being touched when he is indoors. I'm hoping that having him neutered in the spring will help, and wish I'd had this done long ago!

Could you get him neutered now? He will only need a night or 2 in the conservatory then he could go back outside.

Bless, doesn't sound like much fun.
Sorry, no advice as Jenson won't let me pick him up (I'm hoping this will change when the hormones settle - he will sit on me and eat a little so thats progress from all feet being on the floor).
I usually put the carrier in his run every so often so he can play in and out of it (and doesn't just associate it with the vet), it means he runs in and out of it, along with trying to push it over!!

Back