• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Shed with attached run

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
Ok, well its a handmade run so not fancy or anything. Next weekend im going to paint it to match the colour of the shed, a lick of paint does wonders ;) The main problem was we didn't have enough paving slabs, so Grace is going to wait for her run and also we have used a bit of wood in one corner :oops: My dad is doing a job on monday so we'll have slabs for the next weekend. Then i can move the guineas into a 6 x 2 x 2 hutch :D:D

Here it is, the logs are to attempt to dry their feet and they also have a little sheltered bit. The run is 7 foot 9 inches, so nearly 8 foot x 3 and something foot. I forgot :oops:

Shedrun004.jpg

Another view...

Shedrun005.jpg

The run it looks a bit bare, needs some toys in it. The ones I've (accidentally) ordered from animal magic should do it :p The tree is very handy, the lid lays on it when I open it.

Shedrun006.jpg

View from the run

Shedrun008.jpg

The inside

Shedrun009.jpg

Graces side

Shedrun010.jpg

Trios side

Shedrun011.jpg

Onto the cat flap type thing we made. It stays up with a hook you turn and has a hinge, nice and simple. Im going to close it at night to stop any drafts. Plus any predators in the night would scare me having them out their.

Shedrun014.jpg

A few cute pictures of Rosie having fun.

Weeehhee watch me run RU :D

Shedrun021.jpg

Havent I got cool ears?

Shedrun020.jpg

Hehe, im fat :lol:

Shedrun019.jpg

It's lovely and spacious, but a word of caution - rabbits can chew through chicken wire, and foxes can chew in, so if you are able to get galvanised mesh instead at some point it would make it a lot more secure :)

Looks fan inside the shed too - nice and cosy for you and the buns:D

It's lovely and spacious, but a word of caution - rabbits can chew through chicken wire, and foxes can chew in, so if you are able to get galvanised mesh instead at some point it would make it a lot more secure :)

Looks fan inside the shed too - nice and cosy for you and the buns:D

Really? :shock: Luckily never had any problems before. I'll be locking them up at night to. I'll ask my dad to do it, but he'll probably say no. How much is galvanised mesh to do the whole of that run would you say? If its cheap I could buy it myself and put it on.

Here's 30 metres for £54 :wave:. You may be able to find someone to split it with or find something cheaper elsewhere. it's the 1inch x 1/2 inch you want that's at least 19 gauge. The lower the gauge the stronger the mesh.

Lovely set-up by he way :D

Looks ace - if they're shut inside the shed at night they should be fairly safe.

If Gracie and the trio are separate, i'd be careful of any of them hopping the barrier, particularly using the chair. My 3 would be over that fairly quickly!

Looks ace - if they're shut inside the shed at night they should be fairly safe.

If Gracie and the trio are separate, i'd be careful of any of them hopping the barrier, particularly using the chair. My 3 would be over that fairly quickly!

Yeah I've already been warned that :wave: Luckily none have done that yet but it can easily be modified if needed. I suspect if anyone was to jump it, it would be Ted - him and grace get on ok :wave:

ETA: Moved the chair :D

Looks good!! :wave:

I must have missed the thread/post... but how comes Grace is on her own?
I thought you had two pairs?

Looks good!! :wave:

I must have missed the thread/post... but how comes Grace is on her own?
I thought you had two pairs?

Well shes not being very social and very grumpy at the moment. Elliot much prefers it with the trio, they get along great :love: Everyday for the next 2 weeks (its been a week already) Im dating them where Grace goes into the other side. If after 3 weeks they're still not getting on im having G+E and then T+R on each side. She wont be permanently alone :wave: I thought it would also easier to just add one bun onto an already bonded trio.

Well shes not being very social and very grumpy at the moment. Elliot much prefers it with the trio, they get along great :love: Everyday for the next 2 weeks (its been a week already) Im dating them where Grace goes into the other side. If after 3 weeks they're still not getting on im having G+E and then T+R on each side. She wont be permanently alone :wave: I thought it would also easier to just add one bun onto an already bonded trio.

Ohh right! Naughty Grace :roll: :lol:
Looks like your trio are getting on really well :D Congrats!
I had a trio and then bonded George to make a group, it actually made the bond between them all stronger :love:
I hope it works out for you and the buns! With 3 against 1 she shouldnt be able to pick on anyone...

when i was bonding my group, Daisy would pick on George... but the other two helped stop her by getting inbetween her and george... was quite something :shock: :love:

Hope it goes well :D

The set up is brilliant, Its a lovely shed! the other thing is the gaps between the chicken wire isnt small enough to stop them nipping at each other if they wanted to, so be wary of that!

But its well done, they all look very happy!:love:

Ohh right! Naughty Grace :roll: :lol:
Looks like your trio are getting on really well :D Congrats!
I had a trio and then bonded George to make a group, it actually made the bond between them all stronger :love:
I hope it works out for you and the buns! With 3 against 1 she shouldnt be able to pick on anyone...

when i was bonding my group, Daisy would pick on George... but the other two helped stop her by getting inbetween her and george... was quite something :shock: :love:

Hope it goes well :D

Elliot often saves Rosie :love: Elliot is so soppy, he's in love with Rosie and Ted :shock: Yes they're both male :lol:

The set up is brilliant, Its a lovely shed! the other thing is the gaps between the chicken wire isnt small enough to stop them nipping at each other if they wanted to, so be wary of that!

But its well done, they all look very happy!:love:

Thanks yeah, I was hoping with it being big they could still interact if they wanted to :D Rosie doesnt chose to go near Grace though.

It looks good, but would perhaps be best if you could manage stronger mesh for them. :) I love the inside layout and the cat flap entrance to the run. I'm hoping to get a more secure run for Spenser next year, but it needs to be somthing that will meet with parental approval as it's their garden. ;)

Back