• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our set up (mainly guinea pigs)

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Our piggy bedspreads arrived, so I put them into their cage and took some photos. The bedspreads are brilliant.

Top cage houses 3 guinea pigs
004-11.jpg

007-11.jpg

Middle cage houses 2 guinea pigs
010-16.jpg

012-12.jpg

Top two cages
016-13.jpg

And the whole shebang. You can see the buns home base which is the bottom level.
032-5.jpg

I love it :love:

Just curious, do your pigs just toilet in their litter tray? Didnt realise you could litter train piggies! :love:

Are all those levels for the same group of piggies or are they divided up? Also how did you make their house?- Crumpet Pig would love that set up!

Thanks all :D

Gemmapookie - :lol: I wish they could be litter trained but nope not possible with guinea pigs. The idea of the litter tray there is it has all of their foods. It is often called a "kitchen area" and has their hay, water bottle, food bowl and so on. The theory is that guinea pigs tend to go to the toilet most where they eat, so having this area filled with disposable bedding makes it easy to clean. It also extends the life of the fleece area.

Lu_x - they are divided up. 3 guinea pigs in the top cage, 2 guinea pigs in the middle cage. If I had them altogether I would need a substantially bigger cage as upper levels don't count, plus when I have tried them together they pick on my girl who has a heart condition. The little fabric cottage I purchased from this site -http://cozycavy.com/9.html . It is basically a frame made out of PVC pipes, with a fleece/cotton cover.

It is home made. The concept is called C&C cages which stands for cubes and choroplast. The cubes are the grids around the outside, and the choroplast is corrugated plastic often used in real estate signs. Choroplast has different names in different countries - in Aus it is called corflute and I think it is called correx in the UK.

You can find instructions on how to make it here - http://guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

great set up - and gorgeous piggies:D

i'm sooooo ashamed of how messy mine are now i've seen these pics:oops:

Brilliant set up :)

Can i ask how you access for cleaning, and what you use to keep the fleece over the sides?

Nicola x

Nicola - I will upload some pics in a minute to explain what I am about to say. The three middle grids in the top two cages drop down. This gives plenty of access. In the buns cage the grids along the front open out (like a door) with the exception of the very end grids which are fixed.

The fleece is from this place - http://www.piggybedspreads.com/ . They make it with the fleece coming up and over the walls because it not only hides ugly corflute but it stops pigs that burrow! :)

This shows the doors down on the top cage. When the doors are closed, they are held in place with carabiners.

001-12.jpg

If you look at the photo on the first page, that shows the whole cage you should be able to see one of the bunny doors open.

Back