• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can RU help Thumper?

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
It's been very up & down recently. He ate very little last night & this morning. He threw his food bowl around which means he's hungry but can't eat. He had no bowel sounds at all for 5 mins. I've been stroking his tummy firmly for 20 mins which usually kicks in some bowel sounds, & he'll eat, but there are hardly any this time. Importantly he usually purrs despite all when stroked. He did his usual 3 purrs to ask to be stroked, but no purrs during stroking.

We've no drugs left if he's in ileus. I'm praying so hard that his gut kicks in again.

I am really sorry Thumper isnt well. I have no advice, I am sorry, but I will send some vibes that his tummy kicks in again soon x

:shock: Oh noes! Thumper, don't scare your Mum like this! :no:

I hope he'll start eating again soon Judy, I'll send as many vibes as I can muster!

Sending all my love to Thumper and you, Judy... come on Thumper - get that tummy going and stop worrying your mummy xxx

Oh Thumper, please get better quickly.

Lots and lots of vibes from me, Blackberry, Dandelion, Buttercup and Clover xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to read this Judy.:(

Sending you all the special Australian vibes I can muster for your precious little boy's recovery.

Thank you so much everyone.
I gave him his domperidone at 9.00am today.
He started to cradle histummy just after I posted, with a slight increase in resps so I gave 0.6 ml metacam & phoned the vet for advice.
Since then his tummy has become hard. Just about to ask for him to be seen as an emergency.

I can't understand this cos his ceacs & poops had beemn so much better & iimproving over the last 2 days.

My Munch used to suffer from bad tummy problems & was eventually checked for a blockage, thankfully his test came back clear. Ive since found that if I chase him round my living room as soon as I realise hes "not right" he gets better very quickly & is back doing what he does best, munching on his hay. Tummy healing vibes coming your way

Come on Thumper bun. You know how special you are and shouldn't do things like this to scare us. :(

Grim and Smoo vibes coming your way!

Thank you so much everyone. It means so much to us.
You guys will really laugh at me now. becuase he's a single buck, I do my best to be his companion bun. So I'm staying with him, doing the "allogrooming bit", & acting as a heat pad at the same time.:oops:

Thanks Kipper that's a good tip. He's been continuously ill for nearly a year, & lost so much stamina it's heartbreaking. He'll hump his toy rabbit, so I gave him a go of that earlier. I can't get him to hop round. The gentlest posible tap on his scut usually sets him running. (Very protective of his manhood) but not today. He's eaten 3 lots of caecs since 11.00am.
There are a few isolated bowel sounds but not the proper peristaltic rushes.

He suddenly ate several soaked pellets very hungrily just now. He's done a 1st. for him, his ears are cold & the fur is standing up on them! So I'm going bak to be his heat pad.

I think he may have a trapped pocket of gas in his caecum, as most likely.
I don't think he's obstructed. He doesn't seem to be in enough pain for that.

Thank you so much every one. You're all fantastic. Please please kep everything you've got coming.

We're in that tight place I dreaded. Thumps has ileus, & there's no obvious cause. He's not very distended :D which is very much his pattern. (Ooo I dread to think what a bloated bun must feel like. It must be terrible.)

I'm off to make up critical care pellets which he prefers, & of course it's keeping him warm, hydrated, & loads of grooming from his companion hoomin.

Prue has added Zantac to his Domperidone. I hope that the combination works.

Back